Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My kids on my property

My kids on my property

We have 5 acres and are letting my daugther and son inlaw put a new modular home in the bottom corner.They are buying it,we are putting in the sevices and slab.Any comments good or bad.Oh,and one grandson with one more on the way.
    Big bullets ,Big holes ,Big meals...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My kids on my property

Nice to see parents helping out kids. Wish mine would do just a tad more.
    Shoot first, answer questions later.

1899 Guest

I assume you have checked all the by-laws with respect to buildings etc. Are there two residences on the property? How is the title on the property? Yours alone? If there are others on title then is it joint tenancy or tenants in common? Do you have any other children? If so, have you considered how this arrangement may affect your Will?

Just a few thoughts.

are you looking for info on modulars or the setup?
    My first home was a modular...One thing I can advise is hold back some of the money until the home is setup and inspected by you maybe even lived in for 30 days! look for little things in two places on our lino they had cut to far and glued it down (like 4in cut out into the floor) , you couldn't see it until it had gotten dirty, they wouldn't replace it and I had nothing I could do about it but take them to court (pain in the a$$) a few other things- the core of the front door was cracked and after a week the latch and deadbolt were loose (all they did was glue the door- didn't hold), had a jacuzi tub and one of the nails had punched through the water lines (found first time used tub- they fixed that)
    They make alot of promises about everything being the way you want it and waranty but once they have your money...

What brand was that modular?Also we own the property clear title.And we can put two residence on the parcel.Don't know how else they can afford a home.Our home and land is 1 mil or so.What kid has that kind of money.??

life is short,help the young ones out.

My grandson is only 2 and could run the backhoe by himself if I let him.Can't really say no to the plan can you?

I would say you are in for some babysitting the youngins
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of showin up safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, hunting rifle in one hand and shifter knob in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

lucky for you to have a son in law willing to live that close, and youyll get to watch from an every day perspective your grandchildren grow up. lucky clan , gotta love the plan.

Wow, I wish my dad was that gracious, he is spending my inheritence so fast I may have to envoke power of attorney. IT is like he turned 65 and he needs a new truck and 5th wheel, I think he is going crazy.