Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in an open asrea but Camping in a Closed

Hunting in an open asrea but Camping in a Closed

Hi Everyone,

We are planning a deer hunt in November. We have a friend who owns a cabin and land in a region that will be 4 point or better. We will be close to the next region that is open for all deer. We want to hunt the open region...obviously.

My question is:

Assuming that we get a less than 4 point in the region that is open. What is your experiences/opinions when keeping game in a region that is not open for that size deer?

Hopefully this makes sense
    I'm not picky, I just like women with big guns

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting in an open asrea but Camping in a Closed

You just have to get a note from the under 4-point deer before shooting it that it indeed resided in the region that allowed for any buck.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I believe you will be just fine by bringing the non-restricted deer into a restricted area. When you tag the deer you have to indicate in what region it was taken under “Region Number” on the tag. You also have to indicate at what day and month the deer had been taken. That right there should be all the prove you need. Just make sure you have two deer tags so you can properly tag each deer from whatever region you get them. If in doupt phone the local CO and ask him for his advice too.

Good luck on your hunt.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

are you talking about regions.....or MU's????

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You just have to get a note from the under 4-point deer before shooting it that it indeed resided in the region that allowed for any buck.
    hahahaha
    I think that sounds about right.
    "you know there are a lot of mountain bikers in the area" she looked at me weird when I said back to her " Thats fine, I'm not hunting mountain bikers today" Brambles

You may be required to take a CO to the kill location to prove where it was shot if there is any doubt in there mind.
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

Happens all the time. Just make sure your tag is cancelled PROPERLY before transporting it back to the cabin.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

If a CO comes into your camp and you have a three point hanging in a four point area I am willing to bet its gonna be a hassle for you regardless if you harvested it in another zone. Like tomahawk pointed out its more than likely gonna involve proving you shot the deer in the "other" zone. I would call a CO for sure and ask them...The other point huntwriter made about the tag being the proof of where it was harvested is a good one but I would just give them a call and ask...

If you do call maybe post up the reply its an interesting question.

also make sure you take pictures of where you shot the buck befor & after if possible. try to get a gps co ordinate incase the co wants to see where you shot your buck.....

Get a GPS coordinate and a photo of the deer right after you have shot it. If you are hassled and they don't believe your story, show them the photo, give them the GPS coordinate and tell them to go check it out if they don't believe you.