Thread: 2 bucks in the freezer!

2 bucks in the freezer!

well yesterday was an excellent day to say the least... damp, cold, lots of deer on the move, who could ask for a better day? it started off when me and a buddy went out to our favorite spot so do a little still hunting, within 15mins deer start moving through the trees and it wasnt very long after that that a nice little 2 point steped in front of me about 75yrds away... unfortunatly he was facing me staight on... of course! so after 5 mins of him staring me down he finally turned and began to walk away and thats when i let my .243 ring out and down he went i couldnt be happier a nice little deer to help fill the freezer along with the whitetail i shot in early september...but thats not the end of the story after we gut and skin my deer out we took it to my meat cutters and dropped him off... we later returned to the spot that evening to try to get one for my buddy and sure enough just as we were walking back in another 2 point is in there as if he were waiting for us.. so after some manouvering and a missed shot my buddy finally let a shot go right through the heart putting the buck down for good... woohoo 2 bucks in 1 day like i said before can it get any better... thanks for reading and i guess im off to hunt for the elusive elk...pics coming soon
    Last edited by dirtybucker; 10-07-2008 at 10:27 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2 bucks in the freezer!

Right on! looking forward to the pics
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
    You get the nerve to shoot it or did you need the hbc members to cheeer you on.

Buck ya!....
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits"
    Thomas A. Edison

"Sometimes ya gotta let your dog find you"

buck buck.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Wow two bucks in one day thats awesome! Congrats, looking forward to the pics.

well here is the pic of the buck i shot... im still waiting on my buddy to send me the pics of his, sorry the pic is kinda small i cant figure out how to get them bigger.. thanks for lookin
    Last edited by dirtybucker; 03-21-2009 at 09:30 PM.