Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gong show

gong show

went to a new place to hunt this weekend ( cramford ranch rd. through to siwash northeast of prinecton) .never seen so many other hunters in all my life, 20- 30 a day. no matter where i went there was hunters back of clear cuts 2k back into the timber, every corner i walked around. I even saw three different guys from different trucks in different spots looking at the same doe. it was very comparable to fishing sockeye on the fraser. the one thing that i learned this weekend was the importance HUNTER ORANGE, which i rarely wore. needless to say i will not be going back to that area any time soon. goodluck everyone and be safe

2. Site Sponsor

Re: gong show

well glad u made it home safe and sound from there

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

Did you see any snow? We were about 20km north west of you and got nailed hard by the snow not just a few times. We did see other hunters, but it was the same 2 trucks a couple of times. Saw 2 spike forks taken today, each one in an area we had visited already in the AM. Timing, if I didn't have bad timing, I wouldn't have any!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Did you see any snow? We were about 20km north west of you and got nailed hard by the snow not just a few times. We did see other hunters, but it was the same 2 trucks a couple of times. Saw 2 spike forks taken today, each one in an area we had visited already in the AM. Timing, if I didn't have bad timing, I wouldn't have any!!
    no snow but it rained hard sat night

Why do you think I gotta go to reg 3 to hunt??? Too many hunters come up here from the coast and slay all the animals! Its getting stupid.

Since the day I got shot at, happened many years ago, I never go hunting anywhere in any season without wearing a blaze orange vest.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Unfortunatley it seems many areas are getting to be this way. I was just saying today to my buddy as we were drinving out that there sohuld be a "gong" at the beginning of this road!!! Try making friends with some private landowners.... often they are welcome to hunters that are polite, and respectful of their land

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy-up69 View Post
    Why do you think I gotta go to reg 3 to hunt??? Too many hunters come up here from the coast and slay all the animals! Its getting stupid.
    Region 3 is just as bad. During the four point or better early season I had the woods to myself. Then came the non-restricted antler season and the logging roads had more traffic then the Coquihalla after they closed the tool boot. I am not going out again until the November four point or better season starts.

To many hunters out right now and half of them seem to suffer that Lower Mainland illness called, road rage. Racing back and forth on the logging roads like there is no tomorrow.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Quote Originally Posted by dunbartr View Post
    Unfortunatley it seems many areas are getting to be this way. I was just saying today to my buddy as we were drinving out that there sohuld be a "gong" at the beginning of this road!!! Try making friends with some private landowners.... often they are welcome to hunters that are polite, and respectful of their land
    That is exactly what I am doing. Since we moved here I made contact with a few ranchers to get access to private land. Some landowners said outright no, quoting past experiences with yahoo hunters, and then changed to yes once they knew who I was and what i do.

huntwriter----Region 3 is just as bad.
    I don't know about that.We just got back from a weekend hunt in region three ( which we've hunted forever) and brought back a 4 point mulie and only saw 2 other groups of hunters.Maybe we should try to get out of the vehicles a little more and walk a bit instead of cruising the cut lines. That ain't hunting. You guys are making this sound like the states.
    mmm