Thread: Waterfowl Heritage Days? ...Cow Bay

Waterfowl Heritage Days? ...Cow Bay

Anybody go out for Heritage Days?

Drove past Cow Bay this mornin' and evenin' but didn't see anybody I knew out.

I did see 10 wood ducks there this mornin' but when I tried to sneak up on them to take their picture they spooked real easy. (Note to self: shut off diesel truck and take off hi-vis vest when sneaking up on ducks).

Not alot of mallards around.

Tides are really low at Cow Bay for the opener next weekend. It will be hard to find water with cover near by. But it shouldn't effect alot of "opening day" guys as they can hit birds at 75+ yards. The ducks hate the low tide but the geese love it.

Corn is still standing on Dinsdale.

Good luck everybody!
    Hooked on quack.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Waterfowl Heritage Days? ...Cow Bay

Really low tides and my layout boat are best friends! I can't wait to get out there and hopefully put the dog on a duck or two.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Took a young buddy of mine out this afternoon, pretty quiet but at least he got a few shots off.
    Train hard....hunt easy

We got our cousin out on sunday. Just wanted to get him a duck or two but nothing was flying. Well after it got light out we heard some honks behind us. We managed to put some geese in range and he doubled on some them with his first kills ever. We were very excitied for him.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 10-06-2008 at 06:25 AM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    We got our cousin out on sunday. Just wanted to get him a duck or two but nothing was flying. Well after it got light out we heard some honks behind us. We managed to put some geese in range and he doubled on some them with his first kills ever. We were very excitied for him.

Great job getting a double for a newbie! I take my younger brothers out and there is often more misses than doubles.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Got bumped for a hockey game. The young fellow I was going to take got to play forward for the first time this year.Oh well next weekend I get to shoot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Really low tides and my layout boat are best friends! I can't wait to get out there and hopefully put the dog on a duck or two.
    How's the knee coming along Marc?
    "If you see a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra