Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8-23,8-24, seeing much? I'm not

8-23,8-24, seeing much? I'm not

Hey, been pounding the logging roads, cuts and power lines for a week now, glassing from the truck and hiking up and in, always in position before daybreak....I'm not seeing a thing!! Anyone else been out this way, or am I just having a bit o' bad luck. thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 8-23,8-24, seeing much? I'm not

8-22 and 8-23 ive been out and about quite a bit and have seen pleanty must be the wrong area or your just have some bad luck.... ive even seen about 20 moose this season in those two regions since.... sept 9th .... what logging roads have u been on ??

Lumby, Cherryville, Coldstream area...

I have been working out Nelson, Mabel and Greenbush way for most of August and September and haven't seen much for deer at all.... Lots of Moose out and about though. Of course we are always travelling to and from in the mid morning and late afternoon. I was up in Kamloops area this Sat & Sun and didn't see much either.... Lost of Moose again though... too bad out LEH is for region 7!

I know those areas well. They are all good areas... just have to find the right spot(s) and spend some "quality" time there. Stick with the spots you think are good. Patience is key.... don't always be so eager to walk to that next ridge line, or drive to that next spot.

Keep at it and Good luck!

head up aberdeen main.. turn left on nicklenlake road.. go across the bridge and up the otherside on the valley the first clearing you go through is kinda over grown but hilly if you find a high vantage point and watch that area the deer move all day through there to getthe the creek at the bottom.. if that dont work keep goin up the road a few kms theres a freshly cut clearing, its been good in there.. and your next left after that is good aswell..

i know how hard it is sometimes to fing the deer, so have fun and post pics when you get one..

you gotta hike im tellin ya.. or you wont see them, i mean you might see some does from the truck

lol aberdeen main haha.... if u get off the main road.... off of nickelen main at km 17 i think it is take a left.... nice clearings in there seen a few moose and almost every time i go in there i see at least 10 doe's or soo..... bucks are around

Thanks Gents, appreciate the advice, just got back from 2 days in Galloping hills, beauty country. Saw a big Grizz within the first hour, but no deer. Saw some sign and dropping but no deer, then found the wolf tracks. Spotted a big sliver wolf that night while out spotting so I figure that has the deer moving out....oh well, still a good place to go for a stroll. thanks again

Well, time to resurrect the old thread, anyone seeing things scouting in 8-23,24,25. I'm seeing a fair number of does in fields, no decent bucks yet, anyone else?

I live in 8-22 .....seeing a fair amount of game.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire