Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jet boating the fraser

jet boating the fraser

Can anyone send me some info on jetting the Fraser? I will be launching at churn creek mid to late november hunting for deer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: jet boating the fraser

dont pick the wrong channel

Ya I hear ya Ive been high and dry before by taking the wrong channel with someone else who was driving their first boat , we even hit a large boulder ( have it on video ) I think in the churn area there is no channels. Good hearing from you old buddy.
    dino

The Learning Curve Was Huge On That Vid ! Oh Well Just Need To Replace Impeller. Nice To Here From You. Me And Some Guys Will Be Going Up Their Then To So I'm Glad To Get Some Info Too

Some big bucks up that way ! Ille be up above you so please feel free to make lots of noise and push them my way

Good luck on your hunt .

Bruce

Beware, I have been there in late November when there was tons of ice in the river

Also due to the increasing popularity of using boats to drift the river for deer in this area, they are becoming more wary of boats than they used to be. It may or may not be an easy way to find a decent buck.

Watch the weather closely north of there for ice forming from upstream as kozakgriz said. There were some guys a few years ago that woke up to there boats unable to run back upstream because of a very fast ice buildup in the river. Expensive helicopter bill to get them back to their trailers. Jetboat + ice = downstream drifting only. Watch for massive fluctuations in water level there as well. Up AND down. I've had problems in both directions.
    I haven't hunted the river there since the region 5 any buck season extended to November 20th because as TimberPig said the decent bucks are more wary.

pull the boat out every night!!!
    moose are for people too lazy to hunt elk

If its yer first time going there, a few things ya should know. That river is very decieving and hard to read. Play it very careful as you have no idea how much water yer in! Some very large whirl pools in places that are more powerful than they look. Dont mess with the Frenchbar rapids if you go that far, I dont know anyone who has, youll know when your there! Some very nice country to see, but its no cakewalk to get a decent buck. I hunt it every year for years now, hike my nuts off and havnt found a buck worth packing out yet! Pretty expensive gas bill for meat bucks! Take lots of pics! Heres a link to my story of last years river trip!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15816
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!