Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: princeton hunting where to go?

princeton hunting where to go?

looking to cover some new area for elk/moose whiteys/mulies. heard whipsaw was ok. can i pull a 26' trailer in there to camp? and if so what mile marker/ what is the road like? any input is welcomed! this hunt is geared towards elk/moose or anything else more than 4 (unless we get an itchy trigger finger). any chickens up there?

. where can one hang an animal if it is too hot?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: princeton hunting where to go?

Went nearly to the end of Whipsaw a few weeks ago. I saw no deer and very little sign. No sign of moose or elk. I saw two chickens though. I did see how ever a 5-6' black bear hitailing it back into some heavy cover not to be seen again. Counted seven trucks/camps in there with no meat hanging. Heard tell that there is not much in there due to hunting and logging.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

I hunt princeton every year, and I dont generally like to recommend the whipsaw unless you like seeing more trucks than animals. Check out China Creek area, or out towards Tulameen. And if you find out about a local place to hang meat let me know. Good luck I'm there starting Friday for 10 days
    #1 with a Bullet!

ya it's hard to find a parking spot up there at times. lot's of trucks.

lot's of other nice areas, coalmont, tulameen, headley, copper mtn, just cover ground and scout.

Whipsaw is very popular secret with the backcountry 4x4 enthusiasts as well.

Look at this: 3077 different entries between February 27 and September 26 this year.

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=125091&page=206

the good old whip saw highway.not for me went there once for animals seen lots of does but more trucks bikes cars than anything else.were headin up to some good areas near princeton friday night or saturday morning
    Last edited by sparkes3; 09-29-2008 at 06:57 PM.

i hung my deer right off the back steps of the coalmont hotel. might see you guys up there

is it really that bad up there? what about other areas there for elk? surely ther is more than just 1 6 point bull! i know very little of the area and would like learn more of the area. i have hunted in high traffic regions before. prepared to do some walking as well

i like the coalmont area myself

where abouts is coalmont. i've heard of it.