Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sting operation

Sting operation

I was expecting some one to post the sting that was set up up off bear creek main on Saturday.
    After our morning hunt were going to move. we drove into a cut block and my buddy yells MOOSE
    after I identify it as a 3x3 buddy yells BUCK...I'm like WTF where "right there in front of us"
    sure enough there ready to bolt was a massive buck,heavy, tall, I put the spotter on it "no man it's a big 3 point" I looked at its face ...??? wait a minute, " it's a set up< thier not real, look they haven't moved"
    so we jump back in the truck and drove off wondering where jonny law was hiding.
    then a green truck pulls forward from a T intersection and gives us the thumbs up.
    after that, feeling kind of violated we fked off . But not before seeing another truck go through, these guys poured out of the truck, gun on the hood of the truck, then you could see them figure it out as well. this time guy in the green truck got out to talk to the group, maybe about the gun on the hood ?
    anyway, the whole experience sucked.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sting operation

Glad you looked hard at it.
    They get a lot of " hunters " like that.
    It just doesn't seem right to set someone up like that though.
    What do they charge you with?
    Shooting at an inanimate object?
    Last edited by phearless; 09-23-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tight Lines

I saw the same set up off bear creek main last year but without the moose. Slammed on the brakes but it was close enough to the road to tell that it was a big 3 point without using binocs. Noticed about 3 seconds later that it wasn't moving. I thought it was great to see. There's absolutely no mistaking that deer for a 4 point so if someone shoots it...they're rightfully 'gonna have some esplaining to do'.

Good job Nimrod...glad you made the right decision.
    Meat is murder.....tasty, tasty murder.

They do that here in the east koots too. I haven't seen it myself yet but I have heard about it a lot- big whitetails just inside the timber- big elk- Any red blooded hunter on the planet would take a second look- whether to shoot or not- that IS the catch. Seems a little like entrapement to me. I'm sure the high and mighty types endorse this crap all the way.
    Timing is everything

If you view the dummy animal with your rifle scope and not with bino's they will give you a talking to. Happened to a friend he walked up to it so close he could see the stitching in the hide then and then it lit up like Christmas tree lights with sireen blaring and told not to look through rifle scopes at dummy animal, in this case a moose up Monte Lake. Jelly- don't look at dummy with rifle scope.

Nimrod, I'm a little confused here. Was it a moose or a deer or was there one of each ? Was it an immy, or 4 pt area or were they waiting to see if you shot across the road ?
    It's a good story, I could just use a few more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    then a green truck pulls forward from a T intersection and gives us the thumbs up.
    after that, feeling kind of violated we fked off . anyway, the whole experience sucked.
    Why were you feeling Violated???

It is one of the most effective ways of getting the "poachers" out there and we all know how much we hate poachers.

Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    They do that here in the east koots too. I haven't seen it myself yet but I have heard about it a lot- big whitetails just inside the timber- big elk- Any red blooded hunter on the planet would take a second look- whether to shoot or not- that IS the catch. Seems a little like entrapement to me. I'm sure the high and mighty types endorse this crap all the way.
    I endore this method and I do not believe I am high and mighty, just a law abiding hunter. If you do not do anything wrong, then whats the worry??? And why would you call it entrapment??? If you shoot it and it is illegal to do so, then you are a poacher, plain and simple. Nobody made you shoot.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

" it's a set up< thier not real, look they haven't moved"
    stuffed moose , stuffed deer.
    the moose was well done actually, taxi did a good job. the deer was not so well done.
    "Why were you feeling Violated???"
    Good question,getting the adrenalin up like that is Kind of like when some one scared the crap out of you just for amusment, kind of pisses a guy off.
    No question this practise is effective, anyone that gets nailed has it coming...
    Last edited by Nimrod; 09-23-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Where is Bear Creek by the way, I would love to see more of these, Ive seen guys shoot then count the points and it really piss's me off