Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunter made road blocks..........

Hunter made road blocks..........

On Sat. while hunting in region 8, I came across a large tree laying across the road several miles after leaving the main FSR. I got out and noticed somebody very recently cut a few trees for fire wood and then laid this tree across the road to prevent others from coming through. I thought about it for a second to go or not to go. The road is also open at the other end to pavement many miles later. So I got out my Husky 2100 and make two quick cuts and pulled the tree section out of the way.

Later that nite on the way out I stopped where the tree was and noticed several beatle kill trees and thought I could lay them all on top of each other and then they would have to spend a half a day bucking them up and out of the way. But I did not as there might be people up the road with no saw.

The road must be 60 miles long with many off shoots as well. It just frustrated me that some one would block all of this off, rather than just the section that they were in.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunter made road blocks..........

Does anyone have the right to 'block' access to an area?

If you want to get away from the crowds spend more time walking and less time cutting trees. There are lots of roads that restrict access via legislation to take a walk on.

Perhaps you should rename this thread Idiot made road blocks....

Idiots is right... but everyone who is in the bush should have a saw these days with all the blowdowns or be prepared to walk out

People do stuff like that these days. People think they have stomping ground when in reality they just stole it from someone eles.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Last year I was moose huntinig up the pass lake amanita lake area. A guide outfitter fell trees across the road for 2 miles. Well that is as far as I walked, it was past where I turned around. It worked, I got frustrated and bailed. It is crown land, and those were public trees so I am not sure what give them the right! I was pissed off! It was pretty good moose hunting, but getting the moose out would be tough!! Moosin

I was told that this stuff happened before in the area I elk hunted this year. Guys will set up camp and block access to their camps and road systems by falling trees. The problem is they block access to huge expanses of land doing this. As per above, carry a chainsaw and remove these road blocks if you see them.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Last year I was moose huntinig up the pass lake amanita lake area. A guide outfitter fell trees across the road for 2 miles. Well that is as far as I walked, it was past where I turned around. It worked, I got frustrated and bailed. It is crown land, and those were public trees so I am not sure what give them the right! I was pissed off! It was pretty good moose hunting, but getting the moose out would be tough!! Moosin
    How did you know it was the guide outfitter????

Also if you see this report it to the MOFR as cutting trees is a no-no unless for firewood and also blocking a road is a no-no as it restricts fire access.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    How did you know it was the guide outfitter????

Also if you see this report it to the MOFR as cutting trees is a no-no unless for firewood and also blocking a road is a no-no as it restricts fire access.

Cheers

SS
    Your right! I had no concrete proof it was a guide outfitter! 2 Miles of downed trees, saw cuts and stumps. Done over a couple years, new and old felled trees. Was someone trying hard to keep others out! Maybe it was an outdoor dope plantation? Not sure about the climate for that around here. My first guess was outfitter but shouldn't speculate. Moosin

Some people seem to forget that there are people working out there that need those roads, too. (Even on weekends). I remember leaning on my horn because some hunters blocked a road that I needed to get down for work. They were pissed off, but c'est la vie. Just because there aren't logging trucks running around that doesn't mean there isn't work going on.

I know a painter by trade and he paints up a few
    "ACTIVE LOGGING"sighns and hangs them on the
    entrance to any roads he enters and picks them up on the way out.
    Not very ethical.
    GRIZZ