Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirtbikes

Dirtbikes

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone here knows if a dirtbike that is licenced on the street can go into atv restricted areas? Does anyone know who I would ask?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dirtbikes

I'd have to refresh myself but,,,,, I believe that they're classed as one and the same.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Not allowed...is how I understand it.

The ATV restrictions are usually for all motor vehicles. So just becuase there is an ATV restriction does not mean you can take a truck, car or street legal motor bike in there.

BHB

In the regulations synopsis areas are listed as "Motor Vehicle Closed Areas" "Motor Vehicles for hunting closed Areas," or as on page 79 of the current regulations synopsis "ATVs for Hunting closed Areas" and the next sentence says "The operation of ATVs (including motorcycles) for the purposes of hunting, or to transport hunters, hunting supplies, wildlife or firearms to or from the location of wildlife is prohibited in areas."

Page 58 also includes motorcycles in the ATV and Snowmobile closed areas.

I don't think you're going to find a loophole that says you can ride motorbike in an ATV closed area.

but you can take the roof off your sidekick and it's just like a atv....that's a loop hole there...

If you have a licensed motorcycle (dualsport or enduro) for the hwy you can take it anywhere you can take your truck or sidekick. I had asked this question to people at the ministry and the poor guy that I dealt with called me back 3 or 4 times with answers but in the end he told me that if it is licensed for the road it does not fall under the ATV restrictions. Now please note if there is a vehicle closure that is to all vehicles.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

It's like the guy I met last week end that was telling us that his Kawasaki Mule was a UTV and not an ATV so he was ok, nice try!.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    It's like the guy I met last week end that was telling us that his Kawasaki Mule was a UTV and not an ATV so he was ok, nice try!.
    This is sorta why I asked, I know what the regs say about an atv/utv/dirtbikes/snowmobiles all being the same thing when it comes to atv closed for the purposes of hunting area, however I was told the determining factor was it had to be registered and licenced.
    Just to clarify- I'm not trying to take an enduro down some back trails but there is an area I go where you can drive your truck down the main road but not an ATV/UTV for the purposes of hunting it makes no sense to me, why don't they just make it no atv's 10m off main road?

I don't think licenced or not enters into it.

When the operation of ATVs and motorcycles is written as prohibited I would think that is pretty clear.