Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predetor call, sure got the bears running in

Predetor call, sure got the bears running in

Im currently building two new cottages lakeside on red lake, so lucky me gets to get out hunting while me crew works.

Saturday morning I take off and had zero luck seeing anything more than a doe. The moon was so bright the night before it was like street lamps were on down the logging roads.

Anyways around 10am I decide to walk up to a cliff and look down a clear cut, as I do I noticed a nice bear run into the bush's, and I do have a bear tag so I thought I wonder if it would come to a predetor call I herd on the net, I make this awful shriek sound which echoes down the cut, and threw th forest and not even 30 seconds after, that bear has started running full out up the block towards me.

Well its maybe 500 yards so I think , wow this is cool, and then i notice this bear is not stopping and has started going what i appear to be around me in the forest line. All of a sudden behind me I hear something and a different bear is running down the hill right towards me, HOLLY CRAP, I lock and load and have my rifle right on him ( I didnt want to shoot, itw as pretty hot out and I wasnt out for bear) so i yell and he gets around 20 feet and right as im about to fire he turns and runs away, Phew i think, so I start hiking out and remeber that the first bear was running up towards me also, and before I know it ,$%#$$, it charges out of the bush also.

With my rifle pointed at it i get on my quad and instead if screwin around I high tale it out of there, and would you believe it chased my quad a bit before I leave it in the dust.

never have I tried calling bears, and never will I unless I plan on shooting one again. I felt a bit scared, nervous, but at the same time super excited that I got to experience it.

Anyways, any of you that want bears, the call works very well! too well!!! Here is a link to a sound file similiar to what the sound I made was:

http://sdsnake.com/Coyote/RDSR6.wav

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Predetor call, sure got the bears running in

Yeah, you have to be careful when claling in bears!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

They work!

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I have found that "Wounded Rabbit" calls work good for bears. Just make sure that you are ready when they come for you
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

I did not know that, that is awesome.
    Last edited by In4TheHunt; 09-17-2008 at 02:33 PM.

news to me! I will give it a try!

Where can I buy one.

I called out a bear this year with a fawn distress call. I was actually playing with a couple does and about 1 minute later a bear came out checking it out. I waited till he got bored and went back in the trees and I began to leave and was walking down the road when I figured "what the hell, I wanna try that again" So I went back and it was now about 10 minutes since he went in the trees and I called again and sure enough he came running out and stopped about 40 yards away. was pretty neat. I think if you are hunting bears and you see one take off the fawn distress call just may bring em back out.
    Originally posted by MEATEATER
    If anyone says blacktails there lying no one can figure them out
    Hunt Hard, Hunt safe, Eat Well.

Oops. didn't realize it was my son that was signed on so that previous post was from me not shooter Jr.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I have heard distress calls work well also. You think bears are still out and about?
    Go Forth and Be Happy Hunting