Thread: Gloves

Gloves

what is the best way to keep your hands warm and dry?I hunt from a canoe-and its often raining and cold-hands quickly get cold and wet.Wool gloves are fine for cold but not wet.Rubber gloves keep your hands dry-but are cold.I tried on a set of insulated neoprene gloves-but they leaked when I put them in water.Whatever glove is used, it must be able to be taken off quickly if game is spotted.What do you guys use?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Gloves

have you concidered asking or checking with a comercial fishermen as well i am sure they probly have the same problem you are coming across.

Last year I bought a pair of neoprene gloves with the trigger finger and thumb sleeves as removable "fingerless" style.

They kept my hands nicely warm, even when wet.

They won't keep you dry, but warm is more important than dry!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

The neoprene gloves work well. They do let the water in and develop their own special "funk" after a while but they keep you warm. I see a lot of steelhead fishermen wearing them. Also, if you're not into fashion I've seen guys wear a thin pair of wool or cotton gloves underneath a pair of "dishwashing" gloves. They keep you dry and are thin enough to maintain some kind of dexterity with your fingers.

Peter

Don`t do this when your hunting partners are around but bear grease or vasoline rubbed on your hands when its wet thats an old west coasters trick.

the local army surplus has some neoprene gloves for $19.95-is this a good price?

That's about the going price crappy tire and wally world have them as well.
    Traditional Bowhunters of B.C. (region 2)
    United Bowhunters of B.C. (life time member)
    BCWF
    Chilliwack Fish & Game
    IDPA

Are they any good-or are there better/worse ones?