Thread: 3-30 or 8-5?

Question 3-30 or 8-5?

Hey guys, happy monday

The old man and I are wanting to go for a youth hunt this upcoming weekend. We know there are plenty of deer in 3-30 this time of year, but have never been around whipsaw earlier in the year. Is there any deer around this time of year?
    where would you go?
    thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-30 or 8-5?

Whipsaw has deer but every hunter and his dog knows about it. If you have some good spots in 3-30 thats were I would go. If I was going to try a new area I would look for some thing that is not so well known.

Don't go to whipsaw! I've never seen so many hunters in all my life, we went during the bow opener a couple of years ago. Lots of yahoos. NEVER AGAIN.

Definitely stick to 3-30.

3-30! my home region! I'll be out there with my little brother this monday. Definetly a good spot but you gotta know the spots. If 8-5 is the choice, definetly skip Whipsaw and head up Lawless-Britton. Lots of deer in there and bears if you got still got a tag. Good luck hunting. 4pointer
    Laws are made by man, Money can change it

like all the rest of the people say... skip whipsaw.. we have crossed it off the map... far to many hunters....it used to be good before it got so popular..

I was there last year and had to use my car signals on the FSR's.. no joke..

It's been a few years, but Pothole creek had plenty of deer when we were in there in the spring. Might even have to take my rug rat in there for a day?
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Whipsaw is also popular with the big tire small I.Q. crowd every weekend. Forget it.

alright, well i guess we will probably go to 3-30 but not 100 percent sure yet.
    thanks guys