Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ammo deals out there?

Any ammo deals out there?

Any body know of good deals on steal shotshells?

I am looking for 6 cases of Kent Fasteal in 3" #3 or #2, and 2 cases of 3" BB.

Would really like to get Remington Nitro Steal if any one has seen a good deal on them.

Friends don't let friends shoot Winchester.
    Hooked on quack.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any ammo deals out there?

I've got some feelers out, will let you know if they come through..

Stillwater in ladner always has good deals on Kent

ian

Do you still have a ton of those drylok #2s from reliable? I think I'm down to a couple of cases of that but want more. I'd definitely be interested in taking those off you.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Do you still have a ton of those drylok #2s from reliable? I think I'm down to a couple of cases of that but want more. I'd definitely be interested in taking those off you.
    I tried some of those last fall while we were hunting together and they jammed every time I fired my semi. For some strange reason they were bulging just after the brass.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

I bought 3 cases last year before start of season then bought another 2 near the end, still got around 2 cases, though the cases were only 4 boxs of 25. I love the shells never had a problem with them, I use them for everything ducks or geese doesnt matter, I dont have to keep changing from #3s or 4s to BBs when ducks or geese start to fly. Get em in close enough and 2s do the job fine. I know HuntNHook was saying when I talked to him that he didnt like the shells and either had problems with patterning or cycling but both my sx2, my brother sbeII and my dads two 870s havent had any hangups on them. I guess some ammo and guns werent made for eachother.

Its wierd your saying they bulge after the brass, almost seems like it could be a defect in the ammo, they did only make one run of that batch, dryloks 1 1/8 ounce #2 going 1550fps. All the other ones older and news lines are slower around 1300fps. Maybe it was too much charge, did this happen in both your guns?
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 08-13-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Last Year we got a great deal from reliable gun. We bought 20 boxes of Winchester Super-X Drylok Hi-Velocity 3" 1 1/8 #2. Absolutly loved them. And only 15$ in shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    I only have a few boxes left, but I might be able to round up more from others who were not happy with them either. Hopefully I will be dropping them off at your farm at 5:30 am on a weekend in October.

BTW Don't you think your DSDs are offended by you shooting those crappy shells over their heads?
    Hooked on quack.

My brother had problems multipl times last year with not being able to cycle winchester shells in his 870. They would just lock up the gun. I had to pull as hard as I could on the pump to get it open . I cleaned his gun really well and lubricated it and it seemed to get better at first and then locked up again. I only had it happen once in my gun when I tryed firing some of his shells. I think they must of had a bad batch of shells. These were also the high velocity variety 1650fps or something like that.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

I'm going to roll my own this fall. I have a load that lobs a bit more then 1 1/8 (520gr) of shot at 1550 fps that I used on the sea duck hunt last fall. Seemed to work pretty good as we took 4 harli's and I think 6 Scoters and we managed to scratch two geese as well using #2 and #3's

I picked up enough loading components to do up 200 rounds of #3 so that should last me a week or so Probably going to be over kill hunting out of the new boat but the ducks can't be to dead for the dogs first year of retrieving.

Josh if you want to pick up some components you can use my loading bench if you want.

Man those waders were hurting. Penny had chewed a hole in them on on their second season.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

That was a good day for sure, those geese never knew what hit them, well I don't think the harlies or scoters did either!

Ian