Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My retirement gift to myself.

My retirement gift to myself.

After almost 18 years of dedicated service with the Canadian Armed forces I'll be medically release on the 17th of Sept for Kidney Stones of all things. Anyways I guess it was time to move on. So to kind of give myself a pat on the back I decided to use some of the next few pension cheques that come in to buy me a new shotty so I can try my best to ensure that little Marshall doesn't get bored in the blind.

It's a Remington 11-87 12 gauge Super magnum (XCS) Extreme Conditions Shotgun. You can pretty much drag it through the swamp or salt chuck and it will keep on shooting without worrying of it rusting.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My retirement gift to myself.

Congrats!! I geuss you'll have lots of time to use it!
    I'm so much cooler Online.

Nice toy, looks like Marshall is ready to go.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

I think i would rather stay in the army than get another kidney stone.Enjoy we should have lots of good fowling stories this year.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Good on you Marc! I've had the stones, know the pain, and I'm ex RCN--how's that for a connection! What an awesome dog/shotgun combo! Enjoy! You deserve it if only for the pain! Ha! Ha!

Thank you Marc, for serving your country and congratulations on the retirement present! Great idea on the XCR for the salt stuff... Marshall is in for a workout!
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause."
    -Theodore Roosevelt France, 1910

Gun looks great. I've always liked the looks of that line up since it came out last year in both the 870 or 11-87. Both are great looking guns, and should be able to handle some abuse.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Best wishes to you Marc as you embark on a new adventure. Nice shotty, great looking partner.

Cheers.

after having stones I feel for ya!!!

p.s If I EVER get them again.. im going in for surgury ASAP!!! its way less pain!
    Thompson Center ProHunter - Owner/Operator

Level A Welder / Fabricator by Trade

Quote Originally Posted by kloosterboer View Post
    Congrats!! I geuss you'll have lots of time to use it!
    I'm already starting a new job so I hope to have some weekends to do some hunting but every chance I get to get out in the marsh you can bet I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I think i would rather stay in the army than get another kidney stone.Enjoy we should have lots of good fowling stories this year.
    The funny thing is The kidney stones haven't bothered me in two years but the new policy states if you pass more then one stone in your career you don't meet universality of service.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Lover View Post
    Good on you Marc! I've had the stones, know the pain, and I'm ex RCN--how's that for a connection! What an awesome dog/shotgun combo! Enjoy! You deserve it if only for the pain! Ha! Ha!

I'm sure there are a few more sailors out there on the site as well. I'm going to miss serving with the close friends I’ve made over the last 18 years and the foreign ports of course . I’m going to miss it but after what I’ve gone through the last two years waiting for them to make a decision I’m now happy to leave.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF