Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing

BCHunter Guest

fishing

anybody doing any spring ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: fishing

my freind went out thursday and had a spring take 300yrds of spiderwire off his reel. lots of sockey being caught and released. im still working on catching my first spring, this will be my second year.

BCHunter Guest

i badly want to get out...I get this feeling sometimes..the thing i hate is when its a zoo! lines crossing and fist fights on the river..

when sockey open it will be awful,just like the freeway on a long weekend, i wouldnt mind going hunting on one of those islands on the fraser, they must hold a few deer on them i always see there tracks.

well if you want to fish the Fraser this time of year you have to have a boat.Was going to go yesterday noon, fishing partner has a coolant leak at the water pump. No problem a 1 hour job no problem,Untill 3 bolt brake off in the block @#$%# Fords turns in to a 8 hour job Sockeye didnt open, native opening am tomorrow I will stay away for the remainder of the long week end. Talking the family up Pitt lake to morrow if weather permits.Danny if you want fish to with out crowds try the Vedder mid river the fish are in , in good numbers just walk the river and look for holding water with nobody around most people that fish that river are lazy and dont want to walk. Steve
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

BCHunter Guest

thanks for the tip

Probably wouldn't take much talking to get Mike out Danny, and he has his licences already too! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I have been out a couple times. Caught a whack of Pinks and a few Coho. Lost a few Springs, but nothing huge.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

I heard that someone caught a 43 lb Tyee in the Tyee pool (Campbell River) yesterday. Lots of pinks starting to show up. Im going to head over to Port Alberni one day this week for some Sockeye, and maybe a few Springs if im lucky.

Actually a 47 lb., first tyee of the year for the tyee club!