Thread: roofus learns to retrieve

roofus learns to retrieve

My father in law brought a dokken retrieval duck to the cabin on osoyos lake. My dog roofus had fun and learned to retrieve properly.
    here are the pics:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...e&id=848055360
    Last edited by pupper; 07-04-2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: add pic
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: roofus learns to retrieve

Glad to see he's showing interest in retrieving. He may act differently when it's a bird with feathers on it. If you have some wings from some of the ducks you shot last fall try tying them to the dokken and see if he'll pick it up on land first then try some water retrieves.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

He fetched real goose wings on land for me in the fall but not when I attached them to a block of wood. I figured he didnt like the weight/size but now he fetches the dokken which is quite heavy. You can get a scent injection for them as well but I will try a wing one of these days attached to the dokken.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Great pics! I am going to be picking up my pup tomorrow, yellow lab. Couldn't be more excited, hope I can get him to retrieve
    "The Rocky Mountains are the marrow of the world"

Nice photo - water looks nice too.

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke