Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quail hunting

Quail hunting

I was driving through Grand Forks and saw aome mountain quail along the hiway. Does anyone here have any info on hunting them here and any good spot? Our would they take a guy out hunting them. I have a great little Wire Hair and I want to try her out on these birds they look like fun. I have a motel in the EK and would trade Elk or turkey hunting.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Quail hunting

Can,t help you on the Quail. But I also have a great wire hair.

well, I just looked in the Synopsis and the BC CORE manual and the Synopsis doesn't have anything mentioned about Quail hunting, but the CORE manual states there is NO open season on Mountain Quail.

Mountain quail are closed on the Island but the quail in region 5 are open. If anyone wants to get together and chase some a round lets put it together.

Cool Re: Quail hunting

just for ident purposes, did the quil have 1 or 2 feathes on top of thier heads?just askin cuz mountain quail only are found on van isle.
    california quail are common in the west koots as well as here in ok valley.
    there is a season on them but most times they are found around domestic feed areas.(farms and homes) due to better feed.seasons are oct 1 to nov 30,10(30) in reg 8

Just one feather knot on their heads. Are they california Quail? All I have hunted before is Bobwhites in the US.

I'd sure be interested in a quail hunt. Just let me know where and when.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

is Sasquatch a male? He is a good looking dog. I think the season opens in October, does anyone know of any places that we could go?

i hunt quail in reg 8 riflebuilder there cal quail in the grandforks area ill be home sunday and ill give you some info were to go slyfox look in my gallery i have some pictures of the quail and pheasant in reg 8.

Lots of California Quail in GF. I have three German Shorthairs and hunt Quail,Pheasants and Huns. The main problem for out of towners in most of the birds(99%) are on private land. I will be doing on scouting in Sept, so if you PM me before the season opens I will pass on some Crown land spots. Should be a great season, birds wintered well.

Keith