Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Scopes?

Leupold Scopes?

I am interested in purchasing a Leupold scope for my gun. I am looking for something that will be used for hunting many different critter such as: bear, moose, elk, deer, and goat. Out of any of the Leupold scopes made I was wondering what you guys out there would purchase? I am not gonna say which ones I have looked at, I want to see what you recommend. Lets also say that price is not an issue.

2. Site Sponsor

sniperontheridge Guest

Re: Leupold Scopes?

i personally would go for the 6x42 fixed modelfor hunting.lots of these in other brands to take a look at.

l wouldn't ..........If a general scope is what your after, l would go with a bushnell elite 4200 - 2.5x10. Having said that, l own at least a dozen leupolds ranging from a few 6.5X20's (on target and long range rigs) down to a 2.5x7(? l think ) on the low power end, with some in between. If your determined its going to say leupold, the 3x9 is a good all round scope, more then good enough for general hunting purposes, but l personally think the bushnells 4200 series offer better value and brighter optics......
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

I Just Bought A Leupold 4.5-14-40mm Boone And Crocket, Im Really Happy With It, And Cant Really Think Of A Better Scope To Buy. Check It Out It Has 2,3,4,5 Hundred Yard Crosshairs.

If price is not an object get a Swaro they are by far the best with out question. If not the LPS modles are good and the only thing better than the boone and crocket reticle are the TDS 4's.price is

youngfellla Guest

I bought a bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40 last fall and have been very impressed with it. The rainguard coating is awesome. Good price at around $330. When I first bought it I didn't like the thick crosshairs, but I am used to it now.

The most common big-game hunting Leupold's are 4x, 6x, and 3x9's. Most 3x9'ers, if they answer honestly, don't take their power ring past 6x when hunting. My 3x9's are set at 5x, observing this fact, I experimented with 4x and 6x. I figured a fixed power scope has fewer moving parts to go wrong (even though Leupold has a lifetime warrantee) so my current favourite is the 6x36. I found under certain light conditions the 4x was limited at 150yds on deer. The Bushnell 3200 is getting rave reviews by virtue of price, rainguard, and warrantee.

I'm using a leupold 3x9 vx11. It's a great scope, nice and bright. My other scope is a bushnell 3200, Hey its good too. JUst look through them all and pick one that feels right for your eyes. my 2c
    red neck pick up lines:
    do you have a library card, cause I'd like to sign you out.
    if Yer gonna regret this in the morning, we can sleep til the afternoon
    You might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty's only a light switch away.
    Your eyes are as blue as window cleaner

I have quite a few scopes including Leupolds, Bushnells of several models, Zeiss (West German), Redfield and whatnot; I have shot with about everything over the years. If, I had to pick one big game scope for all my B.C. hunting, it would be the VX-III 1.75-6HD and I prefer this to everything else, including my 1.5-6 LPS.

In nearly forty years of Leupy use, I have had exactly ONE go a bit wonkt and they fixed it for free; it is now 31 yrs. old and is my backup scope for my .375 H&H. I have had about 30 Leupy scopes and consider them to be the best hunting rifle sights on the current market.

I also have one of their spotting scopes which I bought in 1990, after breaking my B&L in two pieces by bouncing it off a rock and I have tried their binos. I consider the B&L Elite to be a much better spotter and wouldn't own their binos as they do not begin to compare to my Zeiss Nato model or Leica Trinovids. But, I seriously doubt that I will ever buy anything other than a Leupy big game hunting scope again.

here, here to kutenay...I too would never have any other American made scope, other than a Leupold. The new B+L scopes may have what appear to be good optics, but lets give them a few years before we start comparing. I know that before about 3 years ago, you couldnt pay me to put a Bushnell made scope, (or any optics for that matter) in my possesion. I have already heard a tale of a friend who had an Elite rifle scope "screw up" on him, and B+L are already giving him the run-around, on what is covered and whats not...I have sent 2 Leupold scopes in , for stuff that I have done (dropping, falling over) and there was no questions asked, it was fixed, and they even sent back the money it cost to get it to Beaverton... So when I hear of another (American made) company that offers the product, and the warranty (if needed), that can compare to Leupold, only then will I be able to say, go ahead and give so and so a try!!!