Thread: Working with Odin

Working with Odin

Been doing some live bird work my mutt, and have been amazed at what a differance it makes using live birds compared to dummies or even wings.

We've currently got two chukars:

They live Mom and Dads backyar (strata would LOVE me if I had them in our place)

He's holding much steadier to the birds, and is much more confident than he used to be.

Now I just need to find a bit bigger field were I can flush them (I can't see the neighbors enjoying a teathered bird flapping in their yard).

Can't wait till Sept. to chase wild ones!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Working with Odin

Good lookiing point !! Now's the time to be working them and make some progress. My lab is improving steadily and we both look forward to training.

Thats pretty cool LOC, bet you're just amped for bird season, not too long to go now
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Interesting things can happen when we name our dogs (or cats, or even horses) after Gods or Goddesses - particularly (I have found) after the Norse Gods. I had a Chessie named Loki once and watch out! He was a trickster par none

Wolfman
    "didn't want the cabin lookin' like it was built by a boyscout with a dull hatchet."

- Dick Proenneke