Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting A New Rimfire

Getting A New Rimfire

So I got a 10/22 in late 2007 becasue I liked the whole idea of moding it. However after a few months of having it and looking into getting all the parts (barrel and such) it seems it's just too much of a hassel then I though it would be. So my brother just got his pal and he wants to build an ultimate so I sold the 10/22 to him with the intentions of getting a more accurate out of the box gun. I have pretty much decided i'd go for the cz 452 or 453 either american or varmit. I'm just not sure which and is the whole single set trigger of the 453's really worth the extra? I'm looking for a all purpose gun good for bench and hunting. Also any suggestions for rings (as i hear they are very specific) and a scope would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jacob

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Getting A New Rimfire

I have a 452 american. Love it.
    You'd be hard pressed to find better, in that Price range imo.

I have a Tasco 3-9 on top. It'll knock a chicken head @ 65 yrds, if the conditions are right. HATE the scope though. I want something 'better'.

Don't know a thing about the trigger on the 453.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

I have a cz 452 target barrel. Great little gun. I got the heavy barrel because it has a similar weight and handling to my centerfire rifles (for practice). My only real complaint would be the trigger. It was crisp at first but developed a ton of creep. I just had Reliable do a trigger job on it and they did a fantastic job. So we'll see if it holds. I don't know anything about the 453 trigger.

Marlin 39a...!
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

Savage MArk 2

I have a little stevens crackshot. Originaly it was a 25 rim fire ammo is unavalable so i turned a 22 barrel to fit it . Now i am waiting for a 17cal liner to put in the original barrel . Oh ya its a take down so as long as the exteractor will work it will take about 30 seconds to switch.

Well I'm not really looking for a lever as i've never really been into them as for the savage i looked into those as well but i dont see nearly as many people talking about them as the cz and the one i'd get the classic is more expensive then the cz so i dunno i'm still leaning towards the cz. I think tommorow i'll go down to reliable and check a few out and maybe grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dean View Post
    I have a 452 american. Love it.
    You'd be hard pressed to find better, in that Price range imo.

I have a Tasco 3-9 on top. It'll knock a chicken head @ 65 yrds, if the conditions are right. HATE the scope though. I want something 'better'.

Don't know a thing about the trigger on the 453.
    I can nail a empty shotgun shell at 65 yards with my 10/22.I dont think one can do much better than the 10/22 IMO.
    Sometimes she goes, sometimes she don't go. That's just the way she goes Ricky

Well thanks for everyones input I ended up getting the 452 american. A gorgeous gun...now i just can't wait to get it to the range next weekend to see how she shoots.

452 are nice - 453 with the set trigger would ensure a great trigger enjoy your CZ
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004