Thread: Africa Safari

WoodOx Guest

Africa Safari

Has anyone on here been on an african safari and have any recommendations as to 'what to bring'? Of course the straight forward things like your rifle - but those items which one may not think of bringing until theyre there?

and yes, im on malaria meds...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Africa Safari

Best resource I know fo rthis is the accurate reloading forums. Make sure to mention you are a Canadian. SOmeimtes there are issues with guns if you need to stopover in the USA.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

WoodOx Guest

ive got the permits in place - no stop overs in the US.

thanks

I've been a few times. RSAx2 and Tanzaniax1.
    As Gates mentions, www.accuratereloading.com is the place to go for African info. I am a mod over there (Canuck)...if you ask your question in the Canadian forum you'll find lots of Canucks that have been over.
    Cheers,
    4Ster

Like the other guys said, accurate reloader has lots of info, also 24hr campfire has lots of info. The one thing I would recomend is to carry a change of clothes, camera, binos etc in your carry on luggage. Basicly anything you need to hunt if your luggage is lost. I also carrya $100.00us and 50.00ureo as they are universal currencies. Good luck, your gonna have a blast!

I wish that I had brought some inexpensive optics to leave with the tracking staff. They really enjoyed when i gave them my binos to look thru.

I also had a couple really fine cigars that I had picked up in New York on the way over. They made for excellent tips when the guys had done an extra good job of tracking for me.
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life