Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moveable single pin sight for hunting, suggestions?

Moveable single pin sight for hunting, suggestions?

Just switched to a faster bow and I'm realizing that I might want to switch to a single pin sight as the 5 pin sight I have does not extend that far cluttering up the sight picture. If you are hunting with a single pin moveable sight what do you use?
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moveable single pin sight for hunting, suggestions?

you should check out the Trophy ridge five pin sight. Instead of the pins coming out from the side the pins are inline and do not block the shot picture at the longer ranges. I find the single pin too slow to use for hunting purposes. I shoot mine out to 80 yards at 3d shoots and I have it set up to 60 yards for hunting.
    Have gas will travel

If you are using a bow from 300 to 340 ft /per sec you can use a three pin. the top pin will do 0-35 yrds. 2nd pin will do 40yrds and third 50yrds. Depending on your skill set a high speed bow will take an animal at 80-90 yrds with no problem. It is always better to get used to 5 pins and reduce the eye hole to a smaller peep. Speed bows have incredible trajectory and you will be more then impressed when you get used of it.

HHA OL5519...reasonably priced, good warranty and customer service

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfl View Post
    If you are using a bow from 300 to 340 ft /per sec you can use a three pin. the top pin will do 0-35 yrds. 2nd pin will do 40yrds and third 50yrds. Depending on your skill set a high speed bow will take an animal at 80-90 yrds with no problem. It is always better to get used to 5 pins and reduce the eye hole to a smaller peep. Speed bows have incredible trajectory and you will be more then impressed when you get used of it.
    The last three posts of your's, that I've read, on HBC have been ridiculous. You got to be Trolling.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

HHA OL 5519 slider.works great because you can dial exact range and dont have to hold over/under.it is an extra step though(range and move slider and shoot:versus range and shoot with pins)I find myself thinking it'd be one step simpler with fixed pins .

I use the HHA DS 5519 ... same style as the slider but with a wheel at the back to adjust ... I like it better because i find it quicker to set yardage with the wheel than the slider. little more expensive than the slider tho ..

I also like it because its the same sight picture as my Target bow that uses an HHA scope. Familiarity
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

You sir ... are an Idiot if you believe this
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

80 to 90 yrd shots with a bow is a good shot?..someones been watching to much tv hunting.

Lots of good info, I guess once I have the time to shoot it at distance I'll have to either modify my 5 pin or try to switch things up. Either way it's going to be fun.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon