Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turkey sucess

turkey sucess

great fun, took a shot with my bow @35yds and overshot! up comes the scatter gun and wham! Had another chance the day before with three toms and about 5 jakes walked within 40yds but I was waiting for them to come closer when a hen spooked. Much harder this year since they weren't talking at all. Nice spurs, 9 1/4 beard. All 10 of us got birds including 2 rookies.
    One rookie took 2 birds, luckily one was the decoy I placed in the field next to camp and waited for someone to notice. I notice him scrambling to load a shotgun and ask him "what's up?" ... "there's a turkey in the field!!"... "B.S" I say.We grab out vid cameras and roll on, he sneaks up, (unfazed by the lack of movement)... boom..., encouragement from camp..."put another one in him" ...Boom... laughter drounds out the shotgun.

I'll link the youtube vid when I post it...

Last edited by happygilmore; 04-27-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: pic added

2. Site Sponsor

Re: turkey sucess

Wow Congrats happy ... and great prank as well !

Good hunting! Nice bird.
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

Great story and prank.

We did that with a breasted out grouse carcass propped against a tree beside a trail. Buddy thought his 243 "cleaned" the grouse and didn't realize we were laughing at him until we explained the joke.

thats a great tom... funny joke too! might have to try that on a few that I know
    Thompson Center ProHunter - Owner/Operator

Level A Welder / Fabricator by Trade

Awesome bird, congrats

That prank sounds hilarious-can't wait for the video!!!

10 guys, 10 turks, wow thats pretty awesome. How long were you guys hunting for? Just a guess here but were you guys up the christian valley, I saw a huge camp of turkey hunters up there! (I mean guys hunting turkeys)
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

We were there for a week. That wasn't us . We drove through C.L and around to Castlgar, even spent a day at Rock Creek, locals weren't to helpfull? They all hate the turks and want them dead but will not give you any clues where to go?

Congratulations on a very fine mature specimen. In my opinion the Gould’s Turkey is one of the most beautiful colored and marked subspecies.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

You guy's cleaned up- how good of a memory that trip must be !! congratulations !!
    Timing is everything