Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Day In The Marsh

Great Day In The Marsh

Well we had a great day in the marsh on Saturday. We placed 20 nest tunnels and everyone agreed it went pretty well. We hope we picked some good spots and it looks like we got them out just in time, based on the number of pairs we bumped up while we were there. I would like to thank eveyone who came out to help. So thanks Dan, Tom, Ian, Rob, Dan(2) Dillion, Sandy, Rich, Matt and Harry. It was a lot of fun and I think we can turn it into an annual event. I'm looking forward to monitoring the tunnels use and seeing if we can learn more about the nesting patterns. Here are a few photos showing what we were up to:

First we did some planning

Then we did some work

Last we admired our handy work

Dave

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Great Day In The Marsh

Beauty!! Keep us posted!

We had an enjoyable day, Dave. Thanks for arranging the weather!
    The whole operation was well planned beforehand and Delta Waterfowl supplied us with everything we needed to make the installation simple. Dave and Danny brought out their boys and I'm sure they learned a lot about conservation and hunter responsibility by being a part of this project.
    I'm looking forward to hearing the results from this year. Keep us posted, Dave.
    Anyone out in the Pitt area keep an eye out for these, there are some that can be viewed fom a dyke or one of the towers on the dyke bordering the hunting area.
    Dan
    This one is near the gate before the Pitt Lake launch:

Last edited by Dano; 03-23-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

good work you guys!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Great work, they look good, I made three of those last year but they didn't work out too well, I think the opening wasn't big enough but those ones look plenty big, I should of just stuck to the delta plans. Owell I can always go just change the tunnel as the posts are already pounded in.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Good going guys, let me know how the nest tunnels work out and if it looks promising maybe I'll try and organize something for the Island.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

good work gentleman,i think sandy and rich plan to put the rest of the delta waterfowl hen houses up today or tomorrow in delta. i have obtained permission for richmond next year,hope all goes well....fowl

Great work guys!

Excuse my ignorance, but what species do you expect to see using these tunnels ? I can imagine wood ducks, any others ?

well done.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela