Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: little chief smoker question...

little chief smoker question...

okay so i m goignto make jerky for the first time in my little chief smoker my question is how long do i have to smoke my jerky for??? i have made jerky lots of times before but always in a big smoke house where i could control it more...i m makin it out of some nice deer burger wich is also a first for me...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

2. Site Sponsor

Re: little chief smoker question...

It depends on the moisture content and thickness of the meat you are smoking. I usully smoke it for about 2 or 3 pans of chips, then start pulling a piece off and give it a chew, then change it up as necessary...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I've never made any in my little chief with the ground jerky, but generally I just fire it up, keep adding chips, and rotating the racks... The little chief is a little slower cause you lose a lot of heat each time you rotate the racks , but the product always turns out well.

just remember to check the temp to go over 170 to kill any trich in bear. I make it in the food dehydrator all the time but I finish off bear in the oven at 200 just to be safe. My wife and kids love to eat it.

As far as the deer goes. Smoke away and just keep checking it for desired dryness. Some people like it drier than others.

Good luck Darcy. Let us know how it "pans" out for you

slice it thin as possible!!!
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

k thanx guys i m goign to give it a go tomorrow mornin when i get up tonight i m going to mix it up and let it sit for the night...will let ya guys know how it turns out...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

well i decided not to smoke it in the smoker as its way to dam windy today so i decided to do it in the oven...turned out good sofar the first batch could have been dried out a lil bit longer but it is still good...

here is the mixture after it sat all night

first batch done

and the secret ingrdient

hell i'd eat anything if id had that much rye in it!!!
    half the people in this world are below average intelligence

i put in 5 table spoons of rye in it...

it'll taste better with the gold bottle