Thread: Closing Day

Closing Day

Well got out for the last shoot of this season. Had a few flocks come by, did well... 9 birds between 3 of us.
    Last edited by Jager-mister?; 03-10-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Attaching Pictures
    When the day is done, one must celebrate the hunt!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Closing Day

Nice job, on my way out now for last few hours..... I can only hope to be as lucky.....

I was out today for one last try,we were able to pull a few down, pretty misserable morning though

Nice birds tom!

Good going! I'm hoping to maybe make it over to the mainland this fall to try my luck at some of your birds.

I'd love to try and get a crack at some snow geese or some brant. My plan is to hunt the waterfowl hard the first fall to get the dog eyeballs deep into them.

Good last day hunt fore sure and some tasty birds for the freezer.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Good to see you got out there and bagged some birds. We saw over 100 in that field yesterday on the way home.
    I hunted there with Steve Z quite a few years ago, I think we only got one of 2 that came in.
    Always wondered how you guys were making out, thanks for posting.
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

I was over the hill behind you on the river and was it miserable .Howling wind Rain quite a few geese on the sandbar so i waited for them to takeoff into the fields thought they would fly into the wind then bank and fly downwind but no they took of downwind right over my blind where i should have been Damn i hate that second guessed myself.Also saw a couple of nice cock pheasant today
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Wish that I could say that I had good luck yesterday, but got the skunk instead. At least there was no cleaning that needed to be done!
    ________
    W140
    Last edited by porcupine; 01-29-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Nice shoot!

You're lucky you got to get out monday. My last day was on Saturday with my son. We got three. The weather was warm and sunny, so the geese were most likely sun tanning that day

Longshot