Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli Super Black Eagle II- Cammo or walnut?

diggerpax is offline "Shoot 'em in the guts"

Benelli Super Black Eagle II- Cammo or walnut?

I've been drooling over automatic shotguns for long enough, and have decided to retire the old 870 for a while. I've made up my mind on the Benelli SBE II, but can't decide if I want walnut or a camo pattern. Of course the walnut is beautiful, and a far prefer the look, but does the camo make the gun far more durable? I'm new to hunting in a wet environment (Oregon from Wyoming and soon to be Vancouver) and found myself taking apart my gun after every outing and cleaning it. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to not worry about it so much. What do you all think? Do you take apart your guns after every wet adventure in the NW? This is one of the reasons I switched to stainless for my big game rifles- durability. Thanks so much for all of your help.
    Last edited by diggerpax; 02-24-2008 at 03:22 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Benelli Super Black Eagle II- Cammo or walnut?

I have the black syn version and love it. To me the camo or black is way better for waterfowling over the wood, most waterfowlers like to beat on their guns, they get covered in mud, saltwater, sit in the rain. Also the wood doesnt have the comfort stock and if you have a problem with recoil the wood might have a little more kick. All in all the gun is flat out great.

bought a camo auto shotgun at the beginning of the season and cleaned it for the first time yesterday. well over a case of shells throw it. no swelling cracking or rusting with synthetics,my choice for sure

had a synthetic xtrema for 5 years and fired thousands of shells with no probs did hear from a wildfowling guide that the camo coatings can peel off after time?

I have Just ordered a lefty SBE 2 in camo. I would choose this over the wood just for the comfort stock. I don't think I would want to shoot three and a halfs on a wooden stock no matter how rare the occasion may arise.
    I also have a X2 and been loving it for a years just wanted a left hand and benelli is the only one on the market at the moment.

Thanks for all the help guys- camo it is!

good choice with the camo, I wouldn't own a waterfowl gun that was not fully camo. their eyes are just too good
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I was in the same boat as you loved the old trusty 870 but wanted the semi. Bought the SBE2 before the past waterfowl season and have been in love ever since, Go with the camo for sure give it a wipe down and let it dry off and your good to go!!! And only had one stove pipe all year with over a case going through the bore.
    Slayer

Went with the camo- can't wait to shoot it!

your going to love it. I love mine that's for sure.