Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Glove !

Thumbs up Great Glove !

I usually use a Tab (calf hair type) but right now really concentrating on form......when my release is "on" I can group pretty good.

Been playing with gloves looking to improve on my release and thought I'd try one of these out !
    Well worth the Bucks if you like Gloves. One word.....SMOOOOTH !
    It has really help shrink up my Longer shots ! By a fair bit too !

The "Dura-Glove" from 3Rivers Archery is sure to become your favorite shooting glove. Same comfortable full-palm leather design as in the best-selling Deerskin Berlin Glove but with an innovative twist. The three shooting fingers are faced with rugged Cordura®. Cordura® wears like iron and strings fly off its super-slick surface. We've been field testing the "Dura-Glove" for several months now and we've seen no noticable wear on the Cordura®. These gloves will outlast all-leather gloves by a long shot! Try a "Dura-Glove" today, it may be the last shooting glove you ever have to buy...

Deerskin Leather Body
    Cordura® Reinforced Tips
    Super Smooth Releases
    Outlasts All-Leather Gloves
    Made in the USA
    Just a heads up.........
    Last edited by Will; 01-24-2008 at 07:31 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Great Glove !

Will, not sure what part of the province, "lurking behind a bush" is, are you going to make yourself available to the TBBC Trad Championships in Keremeos?

Compete if you want, but most of us just enjoy the getting together and shooting with each other. You'd likely enjoy it. Or perhaps you've been. If you have kids, it's a great place for them.

Long weekend in May.

Will, so the " cordura fingers" are nice and smooth? Makes me feel old school as I would never have thought they wouldn't have something like hair for the string area as I am a tab shooter as well!
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I have found the smoothest release for me as been a change to a MECHANICAL RELEASE AND A COMPOUND BOW . LOL Just joking I have a lot of friends using gloves . I am glad it is working for you .

calvin L

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I wear a glove as well. Calfskin, but just might buy one of the ones you are talking about.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    ..as I would never have thought they wouldn't have something like hair for the string area as I am a tab shooter as well!
    The "calf hairs" run in the direction of the "release" on my tab...does seem to slip the string abit smoother then my leather ones.....although the Tab material is slimmer and my fingers do get abit "tender" after a few dozen with it. For the Long Bow I ususally switch to a "thicker" leather Tab....Haven't tried the glove with the LongBow yet>

I have noticed though that the "hairs" tend to wear off fairly quick and you're inevitably left with a smooth "leather" tab anyways....

The New Glove is the Cat's Pajamas......!
    Quote Originally Posted by J_T
    Will, not sure what part of the province, "lurking behind a bush" is, are you going to make yourself available to the TBBC Trad Championships in Keremeos?
    Long weekend in May.
    Oops....I made some changes and didn't Notice "the Loops" got clipped off the end. I just assume most Know I'm from Kamloops !
    Thanks for the HeadsUp..Sounds like a Great time ! Might not make it this Year, got some Bear trips planned for May(ish)......but I really plan on getting to some Fun Shoots and such eventually !

Will, that's the beauty of the TBBC provincial championships. Make sure you have your licence and bear tag for the evening .

Convince that Hermit to bring his wall tent and come up too.

Bow Walker Guest

Not to hi-jack this thread - but - would you knowledgeable Trad shooters recommend a D-loop and a release or just a rope release on a recurve? I've got to shoot this way because of an injury to my release hand.

Thumbs up Re: Great Glove !

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
    Not to hi-jack this thread - but - would you knowledgeable Trad shooters recommend a D-loop and a release or just a rope release on a recurve? I've got to shoot this way because of an injury to my release hand.
    I know one fella that shoots a LongBow....he uses a release because he's missing the ends of a couple fingers on his draw hand...

Does just fine though...standard "D-loop" tied on as I recall.

Bow Walker Guest

Thanks for the info Will. The demo pics by Jari are great, aren't they? For anyone not sure how to tie a D loop those photos show the ins, outs, unders, overs, and throughs!!