Thread: West Coast Archery and APA rests

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up West Coast Archery and APA rests

West Coast Bill, while not having seen one of these thingys before was able to adjust it, and to serve in the draw string correctly (with a little help from me, of course).

Since Bill adjusted my new rest, I have noticed a marked improvement in the size of my groups, plus an increase in my fps.

The arrow and/or the fletching does not touch the rest once I trigger my release (except, of course, for the first 3 - 4 inches of the arrow).

The Safari Twister is a FULL containment rest - the arrow cannot fall off or out of the rest unless the nock pulls away from the string.

Since the arrow has minimal contact during the shot, the bow is a bit more forgiving of bow hand torque that occurs just after release. You know what I am talking about.....unconciously grabbing the bow a split second before the arrow clears and thus influencing the trajectory. Minimal, to be sure, but my groups have tightened up appreciably.

I would recommend this rest to anyone considering a containment-type fall away rest. Great for 3D and especially good for hunting.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: West Coast Archery and APA rests

Bill is very knowledgable guy for the compound shooter. His prices also seem fair.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Bow Walker Guest

Bill's knowledge is surpassed only by his great good looks (??)

Seriously though - he is a legend in his own mind.

He has done a lot of work and given a lot of advice and has yet to mention anything about payment. Gives a new meaning to the word pro-bono. Or is that lawyer speak. I have and I will continue to support him and his shop.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

Bill's a real good guy. He even puts up with us traddies!

RC

Bow Walker Guest

For those not familiar with West Coast Archery (the few out there) his phone number is 250 733 2218 his fax number is 250 733 2219 his email is bowtec@shaw.ca

He is worth his weight in sausage !

Custom built and installed string, cables, speed buttons, loop, nock set, and peep re-installed and test-shot.............all for under $50.00 The tuning was free.

One small inconvenience though. I will most likely have to ask for my money back.

The tuning was to successfull and I was getting such good groups at 40 yards that I "robin-hooded" one of my new PSE 300's. The least that such a good bow tech should do is to replace the arrow, n'est pas?

I'll bring it up with him when next we open a can of Folgers, you can be sure of that!

Give him a chance to tune your setup. He is non-denominational when it comes to working on bows and/or to making money.

Hi guys,

I just joined up the other day.
    I'm thinking of doing a contest or something to get a name for my custom handmade strings. I thought you guys could send in suggestions of a name and possable logo and I could pick the one I like or put them all in a hat and draw one out and the winner would get a set of cables & string. Right now I just call them Tech 1 bowstrings.
    I use BCY cause after nearly 30 years of shooting I've found BCY the longest lasting and the peep stays in place after a few arrows to settle it in.
    Thanks to Bowwalker for sending me this site, it seems to be pretty good from what I've read. He must really want a new arrow but I don't know West Coast is just one word in my shops name Westcoast Archery . I've set up quit a few different drop aways and they all seem to work very well. APA is a canadian made rest and they make some other very fine products.
    Let me know about the contest by the end of the week so I can set a time on when it should start/end. Reply this post or e-mail me at bowtec@shaw.ca
    PS Bowwalker it's www.cowichanbowmen.com or they can e-mail me for a registration form.
    Thank you
    Westcoast Archery

Bow Walker Guest

Thanks for coming out of the woodwork (literally) Bill. I know that time is a premium for you, what with Wetcoast Archery, Carpentry school, and working a full time job as well. Not to mention taking care of all those cats!

How about "Sampson Strings" - Strong and Durable!
    Or how about "The Name is Sampson - Not Simpson. My strings are strong!

Just a couple of minor meanderings from the minuscule mind of BowWalker.

Hey Bill, great to see you on here and your experience and expertise will be a welcome asset....I will be coming down to visit soon, I want the drop away set up!!! Nails is going to kill me at the next shoot, so I need another advantage, other than just my great looks....
    I like the idea of having your name in your string too, but I was thinking "Sampson Shock" or Triple "S" (Sampson Shooting String)... or simply "Sampson String" - as already mentioned above.
    BowWalker you are right about those cats!! If Bill was making tennis rackets, I would know where the string was coming from then...

See you soon Bill, I will email for info on your drop away set up.....

Craig
    Last edited by QnsCowboy; 05-01-2005 at 09:12 AM.
    It's ok to get excited, just learn to control it.....If you don't get excited, might as well go home!!