Thread: APA Safari Twister

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up APA Safari Twister

Anyone shoot one of these things? Curious to know how to attach the string to my slide?........or to my cable?.......or to my string?

I've got a Martin Phantom. It has one cam and I am not too sure where to attach the string so that the "drop-away" works.

Any comments or ideas.............keep it civil now!

For those that don't know what the heck it looks like..........here is the website

http://www.apaarchery.com
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 04-18-2005 at 05:27 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: APA Safari Twister

Never seen one before.
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

What I usually do is run the cord through the middle of my down cable then tie a knot. once adjusted so that the rest drops in the first couple inches after release i will then serve the cord into the cable so it will not move.

Chris

PS i have never used a twister but this method has worked for every other drop away I have owned
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up Re: APA Safari Twister

Just got back from West Coast Archery. Picked up a dozen arrows. Well during the visit Bill fixed up the rest just fine. Also added some speed buttons, and re-aligned my peep. Great guy - great service.

Watch out Steve, I'm gunnin fer ya.

Bow Walker Guest

Since Bill adjusted my new rest, I have noticed a marked improvement in the size of my groups, plus an increase in my fps.

The arrow and/or the fletching does not touch the rest once I trigger my release (except, of course, for the first 3 - 4 inches of the arrow).

The Safari Twister is a FULL containment rest - the arrow cannot fall off or out of the rest unless the nock pulls away from the string.

Since the arrow has minimal contact during the shot, the bow is a bit more forgiving of bow hand torque that occurs just after release. You know what I am talking about.....unconciously grabbing the bow a split second before the arrow clears and thus influencing the trajectory. Minimal, to be sure, but my groups have tightened up appreciably.

I would recommend this rest to anyone considering a containment-type fall away rest. Great for 3D and especially good for hunting.

Not sitting in a stand all day sipping coffee and eating doughnuts, but actually hunting.

Check out the website and see if this is the one for you.
    http://apaarchery.com

Mention my name and get nothing off

Dan.