Thread: Back to the marsh

Back to the marsh

Well we finally made it back out into the marsh today after way too long a break. Family gatherings and Christmas just seemed to fill all the other weekends in December.

The boys and I had a good day, I just finished plucking so not getting a full limit wasn't so bad. All we saw today were mallards and wigeon. As usual the biggest flight of birds dropped into the decoys just as I finished setting out the decoys and was pulling the cover over the boat, the guns were still in the cases.

A little more wind and a little less water in the marsh would have made the conditions perfect (But who am I to ask for perfection). It was pretty quite out there I think I only heard one other group shooting.

Sorry Dano, the camera got left behind on this trip but I'll try and take a few pics next time.
    Dave

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Back to the marsh

About time Dave i was asking Dano where you have been.We went out Wednesday it was a bit slow but i had a blast i'm really enjoying Duck hunting.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Re: Back to the marsh

Dave,
    Saw your truck on the way out, haven't seen it for a while!
    You probably heard us shooting. Thought we would limit on mallards by 8:30 but it took until almost 9 to get the last one. We shot well though, Dan tripled and doubled. I doubled twice, figure we shot less than 24 rounds between us.
    No pics for me either. I'll bring the new camera tommorrow!
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!