Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tent recommendations?

Re: Tent recommendations?

Lots of good ideas here, thanks

After we got caught in a downpour, we got really soaked. Lacking dry clothes, my sons and I had our hunt cut short. That happened at One-O-One. That was in August. We were just using a family canvas tent.Woods Brand ? I bought a 12x14 wall tent and brought along a tin airtight from then on. As much to dry clothes as to stay warm. There have been times in September in the Peace when that wood stove was appreciated.

If you're thinking about getting the Kodiak. Buy from these guys. They are cheaper than straight from Kodiak, and if you have AU. S postal box, it's free shipping to the box. You just go and pick it up.

https://www.competitiveedgeproducts....erson-capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    After we got caught in a downpour, we got really soaked. Lacking dry clothes, my sons and I had our hunt cut short. That happened at One-O-One. That was in August. We were just using a family canvas tent.Woods Brand ? I bought a 12x14 wall tent and brought along a tin airtight from then on. As much to dry clothes as to stay warm. There have been times in September in the Peace when that wood stove was appreciated.

agree,

I typically don't use a stove in Sept, but it small stove is a nice addition to any camp when things get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    agree,

I typically don't use a stove in Sept, but it small stove is a nice addition to any camp when things get wet.
    I also agree, but lately i've been using A diesel heater and so far it's so much better than a wood stove.

Gazelle T4. Sets up in 3 minutes, fits 3-4 people comfortable. Under $600.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I also agree, but lately i've been using A diesel heater and so far it's so much better than a wood stove.
    Yeah , it not just the wood stove with it's stove pipe that is bulky enough, you have a chainsaw and it's gas can.

I did too, itís enroute.
    multi purpose,high quality, also cimarron too, bit smaller
    Blacktailaholic

It seems you fellas are recommending 12x14 for 3 guys ? Is this for typical canvas wall tent that has an interior aluminum
    frame and you would be using cots .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt ď The Man In The Arena ď !

That's about right. I made my frame out of EMT and steel tube. I welded the connecting angles. I screwed up and made the wall and the ridge angles the same. They weren't. I ended up with the wall poles angling in a little. I made feet for my wall poles. The wall sides were pegged down with 12" spikes. Tent frames weren't readily available at that time. Two guys easily could set in under an hour.