Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New mandatory reporting requirements for moose hunters

Re: New mandatory reporting requirements for moose hunters

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    Making reporting mandatory pisses a good number of hunters off, as shown in this thread. This has the potential for those unhappy to fudge numbers, i.e. make false reports. How does that help manage resources in any way?
    I think the resource is first nations and this data will help the government manage them as they always have. The moose simply don't care about unsuccessful hunts.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

moose tag filled, hunted one day. moose tag unfilled, hunted zero days.

A request to participate in a Migratory Game Birds Wing and Tail Survey arrived in my mailbox recently. Since waterfowl is managed by the Feds vs the Province, it's from Environment and Climate Change Canada..... It asks that I 'check' the box immediately agreeing I will participate & return the response in prepaid envelope. Accompanying letter asks to inform them of my intention in order to receive survey material prior to season opening. I believe I've submitted info to them before as to my waterfowl harvest but never asked to submit bird parts..... Apparently it's to enable them to identify species & age etc.... Like I can't tell them what species of duck or goose I shot??? Age is another matter but...

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    A request to participate in a Migratory Game Birds Wing and Tail Survey arrived in my mailbox recently. Since waterfowl is managed by the Feds vs the Province, it's from Environment and Climate Change Canada..... It asks that I 'check' the box immediately agreeing I will participate & return the response in prepaid envelope. Accompanying letter asks to inform them of my intention in order to receive survey material prior to season opening. I believe I've submitted info to them before as to my waterfowl harvest but never asked to submit bird parts..... Apparently it's to enable them to identify species & age etc.... Like I can't tell them what species of duck or goose I shot??? Age is another matter but...
    I also received a request from ECCC to participate in the wing survey. - refreshing that it was a request, rather than demand, as the province is doing for moose.
    This is the second time I’ve been asked by them. I participated a few years ago. They also do the #of days hunted vs number of birds killed surveys annually, and I participate in those. Again, all requested, not demanded…
    Think, don't just have thoughts.