Thread: Bear Down!

Bear Down!

Another small boar but meat for the freezer. The Boss and Weatherby have outwitted me again.

Not much to the story other than it was the last nite I had available to hunt this season. 150yds. Double Lung. He went 5-10yds and piled up. Very nice little guy - great pelt.

And, I picked probably 40# of morels in 3 days.

I kept heading to the area where I kept seeing HUGE prints but never did see the bear. I'd post more pix but it's too much of a PITA. I've got a lot to do today.

Oh, and I saw a grizzly in the distance. 99% sure it was a Grizz. I thought it was a moose when I was driving by - so I stopped to give it a peek. Then, it was 'hey why isn't it raising up its head' and then 'oh, sh!+ - that's the wrong color!' It was that golden, yellowish color. It dropped down into a ravine before I could get a really close look or a pic. It was a few hundred yds away across a cut block anyway. For the record - I lived in AK - I've seen lots of grizz. It was within a km of Mildred Lake.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bear Down!

Nice work. Those morels are quite the score too. And thanks for the heads up on the Grizz in that area - hunted 3-19 quite a bit over the past decade and never seen one or seen any sign of one. Just goes to show they could be living in almost every/any MU in the province.

Hopefully a new Conservative government will rescind the ban
    "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Re: Bear Down!

Right on congrats! Indeed it seems the griz can be anywhere in the province...