Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fac

Fac

My FAC expires in March of 2025. If anyone has gone through the renewal process recently, perhaps they could offer up some tips as to how far ahead of time one should start the process to be sure it is renewed before expiry. Any other comments welcome as well. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fac

They usually send out reminders about 3 month before it expires , did mine last year on line had it in 3weeks.
    But I know it takes longer if you have the restricted weapons which I don’t any more .

All FAC's expired decades ago.

Online renewal of your PAL is easy. I always renew about 6 months in advance
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Mine expired at New Years this year so I applied 6 months in advance and it arrived at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    All FAC's expired decades ago.

Online renewal of your PAL is easy. I always renew about 6 months in advance
    LOL iirc we had a gos GBear season then too
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

12 months less a day is what i do

Started February 13th, still waiting. The Feds told me they handed it off to the BC CFO back around April, but they were very busy so could take some time.

Mine took 9 months, non restricted, I would apply 12 months less a day as previously stated
    It aint easy being green

Thanks for the replies. Quite a range of experiences, but if one is able to start the process with just under a year remaining, that seems like the safest bet. My apologies for incorrectly using the old FAC term. A bit of a brain fart or perhaps a senior's moment. Been using that excuse a lot lately.

I have been waiting since I submitted mine before Christmas 2023 I have talked to the B.C. Firearms office 4 times . They said they are backed up .

Now here is the question . My RPAL has now expired due to the length of the renewal so what does this mean ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt The Man In The Arena !