Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: caribou LEH reg 6

caribou LEH reg 6

Guys better be careful putting in for caribou LEH in reg 6. Some areas are booked up years and years in advanced. I have a booking for a lake I made in 2020 for 2025. It was the first year available for my preferred dates. You win but can't get a flight from the close plane bases you might be booking $4-5k in flights per trip...do you research is what Im saying. See flight availability or understand worst case scenario's.
    Last edited by Darksith; 05-29-2024 at 04:49 PM.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

2. Site Sponsor

Re: caribou LEH reg 6

Caribou hunting in BC takes another hit. Hoping the odds remain favorable. Hoping they just put it on draw to keep a certain bunch happy

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Guys better be careful putting in for caribou LEH in reg 6. Some areas are booked up years and years in advanced. I have a booking for a lake I made in 2020 for 2025. It was the first year available for my preferred dates. You win but can't get a flight from the close plane bases you might be booking $4-5k in flights per trip...do you research is what Im saying. See flight availability or understand worst case scenario's.
    I was wondering about this. I suspect lots of leh holders won’t get the ride they hope for, unless a pilot piles groups in. The outfit We’r flying with this year will only drop 1 group at a time (reg 7 though)

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I was wondering about this. I suspect lots of leh holders won’t get the ride they hope for, unless a pilot piles groups in. The outfit We’r flying with this year will only drop 1 group at a time (reg 7 though)
    the air charters in reg 6 that are semi local to the caribou grounds won't pile groups in either. Others outside of BC will but the flights are way longer thus more $. If i don't get the draw in 2025 that I booked 5 years prior that would be pretty crushing. I'd look to sell that flight spot I guess to a winner, but talk about disappointing. A trip planned with/for kids to do their first big fly in hunt gets blown up by a government policy that is issuing more tags than bou are harvested currently for 0 reason other than future considerations.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I would expect that some of those flights will get cancelled when LEH tags don’t get drawn. It’s tough to keep a planned hunt together when hunters can’t get the tags they wanted. Even if it’s a mixed bag opportunity, some won’t be willing to pay up for a fly-in trip if they can’t hunt the species they wanted.
    It'll definitely be interesting to see how things shake out this year.

Holy crap I'm obviously not hunting off the good lakes. Never had any issues booking the lakes I wanted a couple months out.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Holy crap I'm obviously not hunting off the good lakes. Never had any issues booking the lakes I wanted a couple months out.
    when was the last time you booked a flight? What airbase do you book with?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

the people that are booked this year, or years in advance face losing their deposits if they cancel to late due to not getting drawn id think

Id be calling the charter to discuss options

if the booked people dont win a tag, the pilot needs to take someone. Even the ones that entered with hopes to get into a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    when was the last time you booked a flight? What airbase do you book with?
    Two years ago since I last flew took last year off, the last few times out of Watson but I've flown out of Dease, Burns Lake and Swan Lake over the years.