Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ?Inflatable kayak ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    2,056

    ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Looks like a usable multi-purpose solution maybe?
    smaller than a boat, more portable than a rigid plastic, stand-up fishing?, good payload wgt

    eddie-bauer-super-inflatable-sit-in-kayak.product.400022 5270
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

    Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,125

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    I use an inflatable kayak but not that one. Dropstitch technology makes a very rigid chamber - it is essentially like a hard floor or shape that makes paddling more streamlined and gives you a good platform for standing.

    This one you linked to does have three chambers which will give you peace of mind if you get a puncture.

    To guard against punctures also look at the material used. I don't see anything in the detail that lists what it is made out of. Obviously all inflatables have the risk of puncture but if you look at the ones used in white water rafting and some of the guide boats, obviously there are higher grades.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Vernon
    Posts
    1,640

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Welp it can't be deflated & thrown inna trunk, but I like the Rob Roy solo canoe I completed a couple years ago. Although considered a canoe it is more akin to a kayak in that a double paddle is used & one sits just off the bottom near the center. Not a craft for standing, it's tippy until your rear is parked on the seat. But it's light (36lbs) & fast, ideal for the days I don't need to haul a lot of gear. I have a 16' tandem canoe for that.








  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Beautiful canoe; you must get a lot of satisfaction out of using it.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    P.G. 7-15
    Posts
    2,048

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Some of them packrafts sure look tuff. Running down creeks that look like more rocks than water.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    i have a few raf
    Last edited by stoneramhunter; 05-30-2024 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    2,056

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Some of them packrafts sure look tuff. Running down creeks that look like more rocks than water.
    Have been looking at those too, more specialized imo, being more packable
    This kayak seems to tick some boxes, looks like it would be maneuverable for river floats
    I can't kick a belly boat like past times, so considering alternatives
    Big boats like the intex are better for expeditions for sure, but smaller can be more user friendly
    Could use the 'yak for the hunting, with another meat hauler available for retrieval, options
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

    Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lowermainland
    Posts
    6,621

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Mike your a hell of a craftsman !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    Welp it can't be deflated & thrown inna trunk, but I like the Rob Roy solo canoe I completed a couple years ago. Although considered a canoe it is more akin to a kayak in that a double paddle is used & one sits just off the bottom near the center. Not a craft for standing, it's tippy until your rear is parked on the seat. But it's light (36lbs) & fast, ideal for the days I don't need to haul a lot of gear. I have a 16' tandem canoe for that.







    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt The Man In The Arena !

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Vernon
    Posts
    1,640

    Re: ?Inflatable kayak ?

    Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Have been looking at those too, more specialized imo, being more packable
    This kayak seems to tick some boxes, looks like it would be maneuverable for river floats
    I can't kick a belly boat like past times, so considering alternatives
    Big boats like the intex are better for expeditions for sure, but smaller can be more user friendly
    Could use the 'yak for the hunting, with another meat hauler available for retrieval, options
    I managed to squeeze both the 'sprinter' & the 'hauler' on the bed rack last year. I paddle mostly lakes, don't wish to bang 'em up river running shallow waters...





    Last edited by mike31154; 05-30-2024 at 06:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •