Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood duck Mounts

Wood duck Mounts

Just got these back from the taxidermist today. My brother shot one on opening morning for ducks and I shot the other the next day. Very happy with the results.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wood duck Mounts

Hey Crazy, who did em for ya?
    GH

Fabulous!
    But I'm a sucker for this stuff.

I think next year, I'll get a couple of the 'little' critters done up. Maybe a Grouse and/or a Rabbit?.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Take the antlers off of the deer you and your kid got this year and make a jackalope!
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

Terry did them from Natures Window in Agassiz. I've looked around for awhile now and most places were anywhere from $250-350-400 so for two birds I wasnt going to spend 700-800 bucks on, I got these for 400 for both so I'm happy with the work and price. I also brought the blonde mallard that I shot a couple weekends ago to get done also. It's gonna be a bit of a struggle as I've already cut into the breast but its going to be mounted with its back facing out wings spread out so you cant see its chest. Should be a great mount but will take a bit of extra careful work to get it done.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 12-15-2007 at 04:01 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

very nice and a resonable price could you post a couple more pictures
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing. Would be nice to maybe get a harlequin done one of these days.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Very nice Crazy Farmer. I saw a couple in Nature's Window a few years back that looked awesome as well. At that price, I may have to shoot a woody.
    Gord

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Ask and you shall receive

Thanks, when I went in originally he actually had a photo of about 8 wood ducks in a large mount and they looked great so thats why I decided to go with him. These two guys were just in beautiful shape after they got shot. both were flying away and got hit in the back. I find it neat though how on one foot a pellet went right through two claws.

Bow Walker Guest

Those are beautiful. I'd love to get one of those Chinese Mandarin ducks done that you see in Lost Lagoon - Stanley Park.

Those Woodie colors are just great.