Do you want to help support HBC? You can contribute through e-transfer to marc@huntingbc.ca or via PayPal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention Road Hunters

Re: Attention Road Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    Or get up early and hike in quietly on a dead end road only to have a couple of motor cycles blast by you
    Lol. Been there and it sucks but chance you take if you are going to hunt a road/trail accessible by motorized vehicles. Maybe the guy has a stand and parks at roads end and walks from there?

I don't block anyone from accessing any road or get shitty when someone wants to drive past me if I'm on a road trail in my truck/on my quad or on foot.

I have some sweet old roads of various state of repair I like to walk in and hunt but I don't expect to be left alone when I chose to hunt on or within sight of roads or trails.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 11-28-2023 at 02:59 PM.

The speed limit is 80 k on resource roads unless otherwise proposed. If you’re not doing the limit and someone is behind you get out of the way. The working man in my opinion always has the right away.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Regardless of your speed or the speed limit or your reason for being on the road if someone comes up behind you, pull over when safe and let them by. It's safest for everyone. Shouldn't need to be said.
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

It's a good hunting as well. Animals will run across after a vehicle passes.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    Or get up early and hike in quietly on a dead end road only to have a couple of motor cycles blast by you
    Sorry about that, we had places to be though, about 2 hours past the end of the road.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Well the first line from the BCFSR guide is

"EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED"

https://www2.bcforestsafe.org/files/...deBrochure.pdf

Road "hunting" lol. Like it's a skill... but I bet there's a book on it.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Road "hunting" lol. Like it's a skill... but I bet there's a book on it.
    Why do you feel the need to shit on road hunting? Physical ability, available time, scouting new area, etc… there’s plenty of reasons people might choose to hunt from a vehicle. There’s no need to throw shade on people who hunt within the law.

Let’s be real, it’s not like you’re taking down deer in hand-to-hand combat - at best, you’re taking your rifle for a hike and shooting an animal at distance - so why don’t you dismount that elevated steed.
    Last edited by Livewire322; 11-28-2023 at 02:55 PM.
    Think, don't just have thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Why do you feel the need to shit on road hunting? Physical ability, available time, scouting new area, etc… there’s plenty of reasons people might choose to hunt from a vehicle. There’s no need to throw shade on people who hunt within the law.

Let’s be real, it’s not like you’re taking down deer in hand-to-hand combat - at best, you’re taking your rifle for a hike and shooting an animal at distance - so why don’t you dismount that elevated steed.
    -wouldn't it be hand to hoof combat?
    Statement of honour bestowed upon me by Camp Cook:
    LOL that has to be one of the stup*dest mind numbing off in laa laa land comments I have ever read.
    Feb.13,2024

Kinda like saying go fishing without a boat.
    Quit trolling.
    Ya, get out and swim around a bit...the farther the better.