Do you want to help support HBC? You can contribute through e-transfer to marc@huntingbc.ca or via PayPal

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Road Hunters

Attention Road Hunters

The first time I posted about this I was trying to be polite. Now I’m pissed off.

Some of us live and work on forest service roads. If you drive on them at 10kph and refuse to let guys past, you are a selfish asshole and should be embarrassed to call yourself a woodsman.

Maybe I’ll come to Kamloops and crawl down the road looking at Christmas lights and not let you guys past. Is that any different?

Please pull over fellas, I promise I won’t shoot your grouse or your deer.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Attention Road Hunters

Same thing in 4-23 I have an active bull and the next day when I travel down a specific road I know where I am going. Get behind an ahole that in the dark will not let me by, road hunting in the dark!! Anyway, same guy stops for a piss hears me calling and interferes with me so close to calling in and harvesting a bull, he messes my hunt by constant cow calling, bull is comming but he is cow calling between us and screws the whole thing... Guess who. When confronted he says "well, you drove past us in the dark?? I did get that bull a month later.
    Last edited by snowhater; 11-25-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Sucks to hear that. I try to give a wave and wish them good luck but man some guys make it hard.

Awesome you got the bull though!

I agree people driving like that are clowns

Roll along behind them with your horn malfunctioning and I’m sure they would move over.

Nothing drives me more nuts then that, actually had a guy do that to us around Logan lake , we blew by him and he aggressively followed us, threatening to smash out our headlights for ruining his chance at a deer. All the aggression and threats with a 6 year old in the car. And we wonder why the cycle of shitty humans revolves.

Quite sad the state of our society. I've run into this issue as well and many other instances of just pure lack of courtesy and thoughtfulness of others while out in the great outdoors regardless of hunting or other activity. The trend seems to be increasing as well. I try to get as far away from roads and other hunters as possible, but with seemingly every square inch or the province covered in roads it is difficult. They need to start ripping out resource roads that aren't actively being used.
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

Amen to that CAC! From what I see over prescribed road access has got to be the biggest issue facing ungulates. This year I saw a gross over harvest of moose by hunters who don’t need to worry about antler or sex restrictions. These are all killed from roads.

With many species under pressure, I believe the B.C. government will just continue to reduce the harvest allocation for the licensed hunter because they are powerless to use quantified harvest quotas to tackle the real reason for population declines. When these reductions don’t work they’ll just look to further redundant reductions until everything is closed.

I really believe reducing vehicle access is the only way to reduce the harvest in the current political environment.