View Poll Results: How's your waterfowlin season so far?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best season ever!

7 16.67%
  • Great

10 23.81%
  • Good

10 23.81%
  • So so

8 19.05%
  • poor

4 9.52%
  • Really sucks!

3 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid season survey - How's your season going?

Mid season survey - How's your season going?

We're within a week of the 1/2 way for ducks in most of the province so I thought it would be a good time to see how everyone's season is going so far

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mid season survey - How's your season going?

Good, hard to judge since I've only been out 3 times (successful on 2 of those 3), and it's my first season. I'm enjoying every bit of it though!
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

Brian,

It's all about the journey, getting frustrated and P.O'd and then having those days when it all clicks! Dan and I had a day last year were we counted out in less then 1/2 and hour, looked at each other and just wondered what happened, then had breakfast! Those are rare days, if they were common I don't think they'd be as much fun.

Ian

Not bad one Moose early in the season and one Mulie so far.

poor, I only made it out once, but did shoot a few ducks and a couple geese. Our season is prime from early September till Halloween. Its still open for another 10 days but not many birds left
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Good so far - perfect record! - 0 and 0....havn't gone out, havn't shot a waterfowl yet and as Tod says..."not many birds left"

Maybe next year! Same 'ol same 'ol...seem to concentrate on 4 legged critters!
    You'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

Best season yet!

Loaded up on Grouse w/ the good ol'e CZ .22

Pretty soon it's squirrel time...

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    Brian,

It's all about the journey, getting frustrated and P.O'd and then having those days when it all clicks! Dan and I had a day last year were we counted out in less then 1/2 and hour, looked at each other and just wondered what happened, then had breakfast! Those are rare days, if they were common I don't think they'd be as much fun.

Ian
    Limiting out in half an hour just sounds incredible, but then again part of the fun is sitting and waiting, chatting it up with your fellow shooter(s). A bad day hunting still beats any day working
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can do it buddy! you're a terrific person inside! (just not on the outside)

Quote Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
    Limiting out in half an hour just sounds incredible, but then again part of the fun is sitting and waiting, chatting it up with your fellow shooter(s). A bad day hunting still beats any day working
    We did our chatting it up at the Pantry that morning! Funny thing about that day was we had them coming in in waves and although Ian shot well with his 20ga SxS double (maybe 11-12 shots if I remember correctly), I probably fired a box of shells in half an hour! It happened so fast I only really remember breakfast. The flocks were coming in and my dog being in the water the whole time didn't allow me to really take it all in!
    Last saturday we thought we would have our limit by 9:00 because we has a dozen by 8:30 and the flocks were coming in good. Things slowed down and we hunted to 11:00. Like you said, it was good to have a little extra time out there even though we go all the time (I hate packing up too).
    My season has been going great, enjoyed my hunt with my Dad and his buddy (first time in over 5 years dad has made it out with me). Took a couple new hunters out on heritage days and should get a few more guys out in the coming weeks (one this weekend). Good to get my dog on pheasants too even if it is a preserve shoot.
    The last half will be great too if we don't get too cold and freeze up. It screwed up last year a bit... at least for those of us who don't hunt the Delta foreshore.
    Keep your barrels hot,
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Im having a phenomenal year, and its my first year really hunting, 24 grouse, 1 cow elk, and both my dad my mom and myself have gotten our muleys