Thread: Shuswap Shoot!

Shuswap Shoot!

We lost the extremely productive slough we shot last year when the property sold,and I assumed that the new owners would not allow shooting.However my wife managed to track them down and convince them that having so many ducks around might be a health hazard!The result was 13 drakes and 3 hens on Saturday,and 16 drake mallards on Sunday,with plenty of time left to make the Rememberance Day service at 11:00AM.It looks like we're back in business,until it freezes! Gunner

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shuswap Shoot!

The slough was freezing when we got there on Sunday morning,and it took til' 11:00AM,but we got our 24 mallards for the 3 of us.22 drakes and 2 hens.Unless we get a warm spell we're done,time to switch to geese!(I'm sick of plucking and breasting ducks,but I love them with sweet&sour sauce!).Over 2 seasons this slough has produced some of the best shooting I have experienced in 40 years of waterfowling.I'm looking forward to next year already! Gunner

Sounds like a heck of a spot you go there.

Congrats!
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Wowza! that sounds like fun! Congrats!
    Last edited by Calamity Jane; 11-20-2007 at 03:13 PM.