Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i pulled the trigger

i pulled the trigger

my friend suggested that i sit in his blind the other night, because there seems to be a horse shoe in there for the past 2 yrs. i past this buck up twice as there were 2 other bucks at this bait. a nice heavy 3x3 and a small 5x3(next year). being my 1st time hunting out of a baited blind site i had my doubts as what i would really get out of shooting a deer baited.. It was amazing. i watched all 3 bucks compete for dominence. hair standing on end, walking stiff leg,not wanting to move ther neck/head. one would approach the oats push the other away.. they made no sound at all.. then as my buck walked into a willow bluff, the 3x3 followed.. i watched my buck make a scrape and stand straight up on his hind legs to mark a willow branch. he siffed it , pawed the ground, looked at the 3x3 as if saying piss off or else. as my bucked walked away quartering towards the forest i then decided this was just to cool to pass up this odd looking whitetail.. this is the 2nd whitetail on this property that i have shot with a mulie branched 4x4 headgear.
    Last edited by dukester; 12-10-2007 at 11:15 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: i pulled the trigger

Baiting issues aside: is there not some hybridization going on with that deer?
    WSSoBC Monarch Gold
    WSF Summit
    Grand Slam #1810
    GOABC Life
    SCI Life
    WSF CA Life
    WSF MT Life
    RMGA Life

WoodOx Guest

Nah just splitting tines. Awesome buck duke, id like to get one like that in Sask!

WoodOx Guest

Well, a damned nice meat buck then if I do say so myself!

Don't let those ill advised comments from persons previoous prevent you from enjoying the site....

Great buck.....We just tend to go on tangents...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I just deleted 15 post that had nothing to do with this thread and went off track like a train hauling in central BC.

Nice deer Dukester.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Little quick on the delete button aren't you Marc?

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Little quick on the delete button aren't you Marc?
    No I don't think so, when 15 consecutive post have nothing to do with the initial thread it's time to get it back to where it was.

BCWF

Do you follow a lot of the threads here? A whack of them tend to wander. Don't notice any of the other mods killing posts is all. If a thread is taking on a life of its own and isn't offensive, why delete it? Of all the threads that should really be deleted, you choose this one? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

However, you're the boss...so, you're gonna do whatever you're gonna do anyway....so have at 'er and delete these ones too...

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Do you follow a lot of the threads here? A whack of them tend to wander. Don't notice any of the other mods killing posts is all. If a thread is taking on a life of its own and isn't offensive, why delete it? Of all the threads that should really be deleted, you choose this one? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

However, you're the boss...so, you're gonna do whatever you're gonna do anyway....so have at 'er and delete these ones too...
    Why do you insist on ruining someone else's thread? If you want to post pictures of "your" deer then start another thread and stop hijacking this one..

BCWF