Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree Stand around Burnaby Mountain

Tree Stand around Burnaby Mountain

I think I checked Burnaby city bylaw and am pretty sure that hunting is prohibited in Burnaby no matter what you hunt with.

Oh well someone built a very nice tree stand at the foot of the mountain where you're guaranteed for a nice buck. If you're a member of this site, man, you'd better watch out. I think you either work in that area or live in that area, but you should check the bylaw before you go ahead. My wife found the stand and actually took the pix of it and brought to me. I think the stand was very well built, actually pretty nice. But do you really want to kill those deer in that area? Think it over, man!
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tree Stand around Burnaby Mountain

It could be for another use, but I'd call a CO and have it checked out.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Most hunters won't use a homemade stand. Hunters want to leave as small a footprint as possible. No nails, no spikes, no lumber.

Portable and retrievable.

I'm sure the stand you found was put there by someone outside the hunting community.

That stand was pretty well hidden. If it wasn't for hunting, I couldn't think of anything else there.

As I said, it must be built by someone living or working in that area.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly

Post up the picture be interesting to see. I know there are a few deers in the ravines and green belts along the Burnaby and Coquitlam boarder. More importantly we need the picture of the buck!

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    That stand was pretty well hidden. If it wasn't for hunting, I couldn't think of anything else there.

As I said, it must be built by someone living or working in that area.

Photography??????
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

I won't disclose more details at this moment.

But again, to the person who built the stand: if you're a member of site and see this thread, please do yourself a favour by destroying that stand.

Price of lumber.... 30 bucks

Price of nails... 2 bucks

Price of getting off school and heading to your new tree-fort with your buddies only to be trampled by 10 Fish-Cops waiting for a poacher to show up........ PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by tufferthandug View Post
    Price of lumber.... 30 bucks

Price of nails... 2 bucks

Price of getting off school and heading to your new tree-fort with your buddies only to be trampled by 10 Fish-Cops waiting for a poacher to show up........ PRICELESS!

HAHAHAHHAHA Awsome!!

Quote Originally Posted by rollingrock View Post
    I think I checked Burnaby city bylaw and am pretty sure that hunting is prohibited in Burnaby no matter what you hunt with.
    I may be mistaken but I believe that municiple governments here in BC do not have the power to prohibit hunting within their boundries as that is a provincial jurisdicction. They do how ever have the power to prohibit the use or discharge of guns, bows air rifles and sling shots etc. within their boundries.

Burnaby Bylaw No. 4669 mentions

3. In this bylaw "firearms" includes air guns, air rifles, air pistoles and spring guns.

It does not mention bows, crossbows or slingshots. So I believe that a individual could legally hunt there with a bow if not disallowed by provincial regulations. He may have a legal good thing going why spoil it.
    Last edited by One Shot; 10-26-2007 at 12:53 PM.
    THE FEW THE PROUD, SEMPER FI