Thread: Looking for pheasant hunting clubs in Lowermainland

Looking for pheasant hunting clubs in Lowermainland

I have a German WireHair Pointer 7 months looking to find out if their is any clubs to join to do some pheasant hunting in Fraser Valley area so he can get more experience

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for pheasant hunting clubs in Lowermainland

This is a critical time in your pups training, call Bucko at Conway Kennels they are 45 min south of the line, I think a work out costs $35 or $40. Idealy leave pup there for a month, start by calling him and go from there. I've known them for over 15 years.....they are great people.

www.conwaykennels.com

I've been down to the Acme Hunting Club (45 minutes south of Abbotsford in WA). You can find them here: http://www.gamebirdhunts.com/us-hunting/Washington.asp

You can take your own dog or for a fee the owner will bring his dog. He let my dog work with his for a day. In my experience, that seems to be a good way to go, having an experienced dog train the younger one.

Too late for this season I think, but consider Associated Wildlife for hunting in Delta and the upper valley next year.

I would also recomend Conway. My buddy, his brother and I have all had our dogs trained there with fantastic results.

I sent my English pointer pup there for 2 months last year. I got back a hunting machine I'm sending her down for a month next week. I can't wait to see how she comes back.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009