Thread: First hunt of the year with newbie

Post First hunt of the year with newbie

well I had promised PGKris that I'd take him waterfowl hunting, and finally this morning our schedules worked together and we got out along with a couple buddies of mine for a dry land hunt

sun hadnt even risen before we had some duck action, and PGKris nailed his first of the day, he believes it to be a hybrid mallard/pintail

first flock of geese commited to the dekes and we hammered four out of the five

dna tests will be done on the geese to determine true species

By the time it was 10am we had gotten eight geese and nine ducks on the ground, and the action seemed to die off

I think he is hooked
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First hunt of the year with newbie

So, you slipped him the roofies *after* the hunting was done?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

God damn ..... now everyone knows what the fish baiter for lingcod / hybrid advocate looks like!!

Nice pile of birds !! Good stuff.
    Last edited by BCrams; 10-08-2007 at 11:31 PM.

Great pics, no wonder we don't have many birds around southern B.C., they're still up in PG!
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Dano ... yep they're up here still. Hopefully will be headed out on a couple more shoots before the month is out and smarten up those birds some more for you.

thats hilarious Mark........did you sell him that hybrid shotgun for the hunt too.