Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: camp gun

camp gun

ok your up in the middle of the night in hunting camp and have to go pee you have game hanging and you walk out side. What would carry? slug gun or big bore? I am a slow learner but I have I have it figured now!!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

2. Site Sponsor

Re: camp gun

Hmmm...
    If its me I'd prolly forget it in the tent! LOL
    But hypothetically speaking a short bbl 12 ga. is prolly the best answer, pump action with mag loaded and action open or double SXS unloaded till you need it. The pump can take a small flashlite mounted under the bbl. if you like. prolly hvy buckshot is best for real close ranges, unless its a premium slug I would'nt bother with them.
    Problem is there could be safety concerns with this scenario.

ya when mama grizz is their with twins their is a safty consern
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

My Model 12 with home loads! Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

1895 GG with 420gr crater lites
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

Model 12 with a heavy load....there is alway 2 or 3 in the tent in moose camp in northeastern Manitoba. I have had to shoot 2 bears just outside the campsite the evening after they got too close the night before. The tin can trick around the coolers that were buried in the ground to keep food frozen for a 10 day fly in trip did both of them in.......they came too close a couple nights in a row. Mind you....they got the .308.......but the Model 12's let us sleep in comfort.

Hey Guys

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy.......Winchester defender hangs from the wall tent center post. It has served us I mean him well.
    Hunt with your eyes...save your legs for draggin....

BCHunter Guest

.45 cal handgun

Gatehouse hasn;t found this yet?

45/70 guide gun