Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a good spot

Help me find a good spot

I want to find a new little fishing spot, freshwater, within 3 hours of the lower mainland, for some fly and spincast. I wan't to get "out of the way" a little. Anyone point me in the right direction? So far, I like Saint Marie's lake on Saltspring Island and Silverhope Creek just before Hope for a early start day trip/overnight, but I'd like to hear some good options! And it has to be open on Feb. 24th

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help me find a good spot

Well if your willing to come up to kamloops area, lots of good flyfishing around here, most likely a bit far though, if you are interested in kamloops area I'll give you some directions to local lakes, and streams.

Oh wait, Never saw the before feb 24, not gonna happen here, but if you want for the summer let me know

Kirby
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

same here if u want some good spots to fish in the summer there is lots of good lakes in the merritt area our town motto is a lake a day as long as u stay...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

nothing around here till at least mid march

Sorry bud
    Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed

I know of a great lake but you cant get in there till the end of april so i guess i will give it up then.Its about an hour and 15 minutes outside of agassiz.
    If a mans gonna make it,then he's got to be tough-Mr johnny cash

Ardent->Eaton Lk (sometimes called Crescent) has GREAT trout fishing. Go up silverhope road 40k, park your truck and hike for three hours. A great little trail, beauty lake and well worth the hike. I'm no excelent fisherwoman and I limited out each day over three days

Minx

Minx

I'm no excelent fisherwoman and I limited out each day over three days

Glad we cleared that up! LOL

Minx i have also been to that lake.We took our float tubes ,bags ,beer and tents.On the water every second cast was a fish on.My brother fished from shore and also limited out.Being about 30 lbs over weight,took me about 4 hours.10 of us went up so i will blame it on them for taking so long.Minz is right ,great lake
    If a mans gonna make it,then he's got to be tough-Mr johnny cash

Might I suggest that a couple of you get together and hire a float plane and hit some of the lakes just north of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. There are several lakes up there that any good pilot could reccommend and often as not one has o hide behind a bush to bait ones hook. It is nowhere near as expensive as you might think. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Fred
    Might I suggest that a couple of you get together and hire a float plane and hit some of the lakes just north of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. There are several lakes up there that any good pilot could reccommend and often as not one has o hide behind a bush to bait ones hook. It is nowhere near as expensive as you might think. Fred
    Hah! Fred, you're a shooter. It's Angus I should fly up to one of those lakes for a day of fishing. Need to do my floats.